anyone start the pill after VSG and gain?

cattywompos
on 9/16/11 12:46 am
I am very discouraged.  I started the pill recently to gain control of my wicked periods and I seem to have completely stalled out.  Not only has my weight loss stalled but I have gained about 3lbs (bringing me right back out of Onderland) and it doesn't seem to want to come off.  I am completely used to slight gains, but they are generally temporary not lasting more than a few days.  These 3 pounds have been hanging on for about 2-3 weeks now.  *sigh* any insight?
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

BrittanyLinn
on 9/16/11 1:30 am
I started the pill about a month ago, and the week i started I stalled for about 3 weeks, and I gained a pound. But I broke my stall and lost 8lbs in a week! I think our bodies just need to adjust to all the hormones. So i wouldnt worry about it,  it will come off :)

viola_120
on 9/16/11 1:35 am - FL
It was the opposite for me--I had horrible periods before, but now after losing weight they seem normal and I went off the pill. 
HW-250 SW 241.8 GW 139            
cattywompos
on 9/16/11 2:43 am
Ugghhh!  I hope it is the hormones!  That is what I am thinking because my body is really affected by my monthly crap.  I too was hoping that once I lost weight they would get better, but in fact they have gotten more regularly crappy!  Hoping the pill calms it down a bit, but if the darn things are gonna cause me to stall and gain I may have to find a different solution.  I will give it a couple more months and see if my hormones adjust and I loose again otherwise they are gone!

edelu
on 9/16/11 5:06 am - los angeles, CA
Did it help your moods?  I've been on the pill for years and i went off it for 2 months because of the surgery and i really missed it.  the big thing for me is I'm prone to anemia and it would be worse especially after the surgery the pill takes care of it.  the weight fluctuation stopped the first month after i went on it.  it was like a rubber band for that month and then it settled with no gain.  Hope this helps. 
cattywompos
on 9/16/11 2:02 pm
Ya know now that you say that I think my moods have stabalized somewhat.  I was having horrible mood swings.  I mean nearly crying for no reason in the spaghetti sauce isle at the grocery store....that is a little crazy.

Most Active