Who all was sleeved this week?

megamommy
on 9/16/11 11:42 am
Seems like a bunch of us were sleeved this week! We all seem to be doing well! Thought we might want to say hi and keep up with each other progress so check in if sleeved this week! 
A  Lot of losers coming soon!

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/11 12:03 pm
I was sleeved on Monday. Doing great, gas pain is virtually gone and doing well on the fluids and my protein drinks . The only thing that bothers me are these dang staples that i get out on Tuesday! Hope all is well with everyone else that was sleeved this week.
MyOwnSunshine
on 9/16/11 12:05 pm
I was sleeved on Tuesday and am feeling good today.  I'm getting my fluids in, but it takes all day.  I'm already bored and looking forward to advancing my diet next Tuesday. 

I have to go to the post-op class on Tuesday morning and I think we can advance our diets as tolerated after that.  I'm debating whether I feel good enough to go to the zoo on Sunday.  Staying home by myself all day with nothing to do is causing me to have crazy head hunger.  My sleeve has settled down today and isn't so gurgly.  I really do feel good and well-rested. 

I hope everyone else is doing well!  I know there were quite a few of us who had surgery this week and it will be fun to keep up with each other throughout the process.

" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
megamommy
on 9/16/11 12:37 pm
so glad you are both doing well. Me too! Only problem im having is shoulder pain. and...i tried to get up to fast and it felt like a tugging/burning(like my c section did) all in all im pleased. I havent really wanted to eat but im tired already of the protein shakes. Im on liquids only for 3 weeks :(
Only soup i can have is broth and its nasty so im just doing protien shakes(the only unclear thing my doc will allow). I dont have to have any staples removed(Im guessing that was how they closed you up? I have a tape that dissolves.
Challenger
on 9/16/11 12:59 pm - TX
I am glad to know that this operation is now so common that I can find a post like this LOL! Yes, I got sleeved yesterday at Seton Hospital Williamson County by Dr. Patrick Dillawn. This may turn out to be the second time Dr. Dillawn saved my life as in 2002 I had three surgeries from him in three months. The first one was an all night classical emergencet surgery by thge two following surgeries were at least scheduled. Of course the sleeve was also scheduled but by helping to loose weight he has at leaset got me on the start to prolonging what was becoming a downward spiral healthwise, the rest is up to me.

Where can I get the best vitamins?

Good luck to all my fellow human sleeves.

Good night.

Challenger
 "God makes the wind. We set the sails."
Brighteyes36
on 9/16/11 3:50 pm
I was sleeved on tues. I am actually doing great. I think I might even drive tomorrow. I only had to have pain meds once today and it wasnt that bad. I am happy to hear so many people are doing well. I am looking forward to my stomach swelling to go down. Hope everyone haves a good day.
Crystal
AMGent
on 9/16/11 9:54 pm

I was sleeved on Tuesday and up until this morning I was feeling great and hardly taking my pain meds!! This morning I woke up nauseous and crampy, But I think its cause the only things I “ate" yesterday was 2-1/4 cup servings of chicken broth, and a sf Jell-O where I ate half in the morning and half in the evening. Total equaling 22 calories. I had a “what the heck did I do to myself moment" this a.m. but I know it will pass and that once I am able to be on full liquids on Tuesday I’ll be doing much better, I just have to figure out if the crampy feelings I have are hunger or fullness, Im really looking forward to finding out what that signal feels like.

LOVING life as a LOSER!! 

megamommy
on 9/17/11 3:59 am
Wow! Great to meet all of you!! Challenger- I live in Williamson County!!!!
Im so glad everyone is doing well. We will have to post our updates each week. Im struggling with the liquid diet t here. Ill have to put a post  called "week of 9/12 Sleevers updates " where we can check in on each other. Im trying to get off the pain meds as i go back to work Monday. Im having some left abdominal pain but i think its constipation. Im so thrilled we are all doing well!
megamommy
on 9/17/11 4:03 am
Crystal- Howd the driving do? I havent tried.
Amanda- I have the crampy feeling in my left side. Feels kind of like a muscle spasm. It just start so im hoping its gas or constipation. I have eaten no broth. I hate that stuff!!!! I have only had water and 3 protein shakes a day. I wish i could do broth but i just cant stand it. I do love my blue bell sugar free pops. I consider it a miracle im not starving!
Rekeca
on 9/17/11 4:32 am - NC
I was sleeved on Wednesday. I was suppose to stay in the hospital until friday. However I talked the dr into letting me go home on thursday since I was doing so well.  i am having difficulty getting in my 60grams of protein and 60 oz of water. It litterally takes me all day to drink 36 oz of water and yesterday i was able to tolerate 48 oz of protein so it gets better every day. I haven't been in any pain. I took the pain meds in the hospital just to fall asleep not b/c i was in pain.

Most Active