Pain reliever OK at almost 6 weeks out?

3sweetpeas
on 9/16/11 11:44 pm, edited 9/16/11 11:48 pm - Tehachapi, CA
I get menstrual cramps bad and I feel like I'm dying over here! I can't call my surgeon right now, and my binder with all my info is with my sister in law who is looking into the surgery... And I'm not calling her at 6:30 in the morning, lol...

If so, what should I take and how many?
Thanks!
Tamara
Highest BMI & Weight during VSG journey -- 44.5 / 259
Current BMI & Weight -- 37.8 / 220

3sweetpeas
on 9/17/11 12:44 am - Tehachapi, CA
Anyone?..
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/11 1:05 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Tylenol is easier on our liver (easier, livers still have to filter everything) than NSAIDs like Aleve, naprosyn, Advil.

Magnesium is also helpful sometimes to help relieve pain.
USAF Wife
on 9/17/11 1:06 am
I was able to take any pain reliever at 6 weeks out. NSAIDS need to have something on your stomach. If it's Tylenol(acetaminophen) based, I still made sure to have something in my stomach.

I used the liquid Tylenol for pain on occasion, and the Advill liquid caps.

As a general disclaimer, you should contact your doctor as I am not a medical professional, and strictly sharing my experience per my surgeon's instructions.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

3sweetpeas
on 9/17/11 1:11 am - Tehachapi, CA
Thanks so much! I think I will try one Tylenol and go from there. I was doing some searching about it and it was suggested to start with one.. I tried to call my sister in law thinking she would be awake now and of course she's at her boyfriends house and doesn't have my binder with her, LOL!
Tamara
Highest BMI & Weight during VSG journey -- 44.5 / 259
Current BMI & Weight -- 37.8 / 220

Most Active