Does any one else...

fypcdqt
on 9/17/11 10:53 am - Cumming, GA
...get sick when watching other people eat?  I am fine when I am not eating, but when it's meal time, I eat my 1-2 oz of food (still getting to know my sleeve at 2 1/2 weeks out) and then I'm done.  I push my food away, take it to the kitchen, whatever, but the rest of my family is usually eating.  I have never noticed the amount of food they eat until now, and it makes me want to throw up!

We went out to eat last night and I had to block my view of my table's food when I was done.  Then I started noticing every one else in the restaurant chewing and shoving food in their mouth.  I wanted to vomit right there.  Luckily my mom saw I was getting ill and was able to encourage every one to finish so we could leave.  

Does any one else get like this?  I can watch Food Network all day long and not get sick watching them taste food, as long as it's not around my meal times.  Very interesting.

Amy

Mandi E.
on 9/17/11 11:06 am - Kissimmee, FL
I have it too, and I'm about 5 months out from surgery. I still have it. Once I finish eating and here's the key "Filled" my pouch to the brim. Then I get sick watching others eat or smelling food. I have to walk away. I don't know why, but it's weird!  
xoxo~Mandi
"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it!" ~Marilyn Monroe
 HW:422LBs Pre-op:394LBs SW:391.6LBs CW:303LBs GW:190LBs (5'10")
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

julyxo84
on 9/17/11 11:19 am - Pembroke Pines, FL
 Yep, I get that all the time when I go out to eat. Grrr! I went to a buffet on my sisters birthday last month and I was just miserable watching everyone stuff their faces, plate after plate.
 [ Hi, I'm stefanie, I'm 28 years old and 5'3'' ]

Karen Vaughan
on 9/18/11 12:26 am - GA
I now have this incredible sense of smell and when I smell food It makes me sick.  I have no idea what normal is but I sure do hope this goes away once I can eat food again
urmisnshin2
on 9/18/11 1:07 am - TX

I'm 2.5 months out and have the exact same problem!

HW 280  SW 260 CW 155 GW 160      

Marcia B.
on 9/18/11 3:52 am - CA
I had the same issue but now I look in awe struck wonder at how we can eat so much food and how restaurants can give suce huge portions.  Hopefully it will pass.  :)
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

KathyA999
on 9/18/11 6:04 am
I don't get ill, but I'm amazed at how much other people eat, and that I used to eat AT LEAST that much myself, often more.  Last night I went out to dinner with a friend, she ordered beef stroganoff and ate the whole thing.  I ordered pork medallions and ate about half.  (That was $22 thank you very much, LOL!)  The interesting thing is, we finished at about the same time, her wolfing her food and me slowly getting half of my plate in.  What a different world I live in now!

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

(deactivated member)
on 9/18/11 8:06 am
I've always been bothered by watching other people eat and now it's 10 times worse! I usually put my earbuds in after I'm done and listen to music or audiobooks or go in another room. Restaurants don't bother me too much because I'm usually talking enough to cover it.
Most Active