Home after being sleeved!!

watchmenow
on 9/27/11 3:02 am
Hi All!

My surgery was a success!! I was sleeved on Monday Sept 26 at 7:15am.  My surgery took about 1.5 hours.  I was sipping by 1:00pm with no problems.  I had a hard time waking up though.  I had very little gas pain and I did walk a lot.  My gas pain was in my left side.  I didn't have a drain or catheter.  I had lost more than 40 lbs prior to surgery which was mostly belly fat. My incisions look fabulous.  I think my doctor had to admire his own work.  

I did have an allergic reaction to the meds in the pain pump.  Man........did I itch!  My husband spent an hour scratching my back. They had to take me off that and give me benedryl. After that, I went on the oral pain reliever.

I am so glad it is over!  I have to say.......for me the experience wasn't near the horror I have seen some face(THANK GOD).  I admit.  Some of the stories were frightening.  I had a 2 week preop all liquid diet. 

I hope to hear from my sleevers that had surgery on the same day!  In the meantime, slide over!  I am on the losers bench!!!
  I like calling North Carolina home!!!  Go Tarheels!  

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/11 3:15 am
Congrats!  I am so happy for you and you sound like you have a wonderful attitude.  Good luck with your journey and future successes.
Amy 2bhealthy
on 9/27/11 3:20 am - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
Congrats!! Glad all went smoothly! 

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

abrown8434
on 9/27/11 1:12 pm - VA
Congratulations! I'm glad to hear things went so smoothly for you and I wish you a speedy recovery.

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Most Active