Not a happy girl!!

mrsbure
on 10/2/11 11:47 pm
I have not lost any weight and actually put on 3 pounds in the last 3-4 weeks. I have read about stalls and everyone gets them but DAMN! I have tried eating more, eating less, etc. I am not exercising because my iron and b1 are low and I just don't have the energy. I am trying to get out and do more other than just the usual errands and housework. Just really frustrated!!! I have not cried about it yet but I'm on the verge....

Mom4Jazz
on 10/3/11 12:09 am
This may just be a stall, but...How many calories are you eating and more importantly, how many carbs and how much protein. How much are you drinking in clear, non-caloric, caffeine free drinks?

I can remember being soooo frustrated with my first big stall. But it passed. So did the second. And the third. I'm sure the 4th is in my future but each time I get less freaked out.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

mrsbure
on 10/3/11 12:50 am
I have not kept track of calories and carbs as I eat so little but I am going start. I have never been able to get enough fluids in but I try every day.

sunnymicki
on 10/3/11 1:09 am
Being dehydrated, even slightly will totally stall your weight loss.

Your body needs water to metabolyze and break down fat.  Also, if it thinks you are in a survival situation (aka not enough water around), its going to be attempting to converse energy - which may be one of the reasons you feel so tired.

Hang in there, and focus on getting MORE than the minimum fluids in!

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

mrsbure
on 10/3/11 9:56 am
Yeah, I have been lacking the fluids department. I have been trying to find something that I enjoy drinking. I drank much more water than usual today and will continue drinking more. Good advice guys, thanks!!

Most Active