Sick after exercising

watchmenow
on 10/9/11 12:59 am
Yesterday, I went power walking with my husband.  We walked about 3 miles.  On the way home, I felt very faint.  I did make it back but my husband regretted going so far away this early post op.  Although I don't have blood sugar issues, I though my blood sugar may have dropped too low.  I am curious to know thoughts on this.  It was frightening as I am not used to feeling this way.
  I like calling North Carolina home!!!  Go Tarheels!  

BriarRose
on 10/9/11 1:09 am
You may have over done it ! I would cut your walk in half, and see how it goes, and slowly increase over a couple weeks. Also, were you fully hydrated before you started walking ? Were you drinking during your walk ?

You are still healing from your surgery, and I would give yourself time to heal.

I also find that I need to eat something about 20 to 30 minutes before I exercise -- an ounce of cheese; or something like that helps me feel good from start to finish of my work outs.

Also, being so newly sleeved, you are not taking in many calories, so your body may not be ready for a 3 mile power walk. Listen to what your body is telling you !!!
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
watchmenow
on 10/9/11 1:15 am

Thanks.

I like calling North Carolina home!!!  Go Tarheels!  

G-Wiz
on 10/9/11 1:28 am - LA
Same thing happen to me 10days out, i want to get out so I grabbed a water bottle and went to the mall with my daughter. We stayed in the mall over 4 hours. Now I got a manicure and rested on a bench once but I got weak, wasn't sure if b/p fell or glucose fell but i felt like a deflated balloon all of a sudden, I barely made it to the bence by the door. My daughter brought the car around and I sat in the car, feeling like a puddle of melted ice. My doctor me that feeling good is deceiving and to take it slower, pace things out and rest.

HW:387#,  CW: 341.7#,  SW:326.5#, GW 180#...
SLEEVE SURGERY DATE  AUGUST 9, 2011.....                      
AllaP
on 10/9/11 1:42 am - Vaughan, Canada
 Take it easy. You just had a major surgery. Give your body time to heal. Even if it looks OK from outside, it's not healed inside. You have a huge staple line.

Huggs,
Alla
abrown8434
on 10/9/11 3:59 am - VA
I had that happen too. Today was the first time I was able to do an entire 45 minute Zumba workout. Before I could do 20 or 30 minutes of soemthing but that was it. What helped me today was sipping on a protein shake while exercising. I also had some protein 30 minutes prior to my workout.

I would listen to the others. Perhaps cut your workout in half, eat well prior and then make sure you have some protein w/you. We eat so low and burn so many calories exercising that we may not be eating enough for the workouts we do. You always have to have the nutriiton and the protein on hand in case you get one of those moments where you need quick recovery.

Best of luck to you,

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

injeneral
on 10/10/11 2:35 am
I get nauseous and light-headed when I don't get enough water in -- could that have been it?
LilySlim Weight loss tickers                        
HT: 5'3"      HW: 240     GW: 130     AGE: 30     PCOSer; diagnosed 2003
Month 1:  -21.2 (218.8)   Month 2: -10 (208.8)   Month 3: -10.6 (198.2)   Month 4: -8.6 (189.6)
First goal (to be under 200): Nov. 11; 199.2
Second goal: weigh less than my husband (174):

I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable, beautiful and afraid of nothing as though I had wings. — Mary Oliver

Most Active