For What It's Worth- kinda long

Donnie4strings
on 10/8/11 11:18 pm - MI
Hello, I'd just like to take a minute to share something.  THE VSG PROGRAM WORKS!! What I mean by the "program" is whatever your surgeon tells you to do.  I had my sleeve surgery in December, and have had significant weight loss.  I've been in a stall for about the last 2 months or so.  I know exactly why this happened.  I am feeling so good, I let some old habits creep back in.  Of course, NOTHING like the old days, but steering away from protein first, a sandwich here and there, a little pasta with the rest of the family.  I've been very lucky that I have yet to find anything that doesn't agree with my sleeve.  But that is a blessing and a curse.  So, for August and September, my weight stayed the same.  No gain (whew) but no loss either. 

So my wife is scheduled for a sleeve surgery in a couple weeks and has started her "shrink the liver" diet.  I decided to do the same thing, and have been following a shake for breakfast, shake for lunch and sensible dinner plan like she is, and in the last 6 days, I HAVE DROPPED 7 POUNDS!!  So I guess my point is, (well I have a couple here)

#1, Don't take advantage of the "blessings" of food toleration, STAY WITH THE PLAN TIL GOAL
#2  When you do stray from the plan, DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP, GET BACK ON THE HORSE.  We have the tools to get us where we want to be, USE THEM
# 3  It is never "too late" to reign it back in.

I can't tell you how good it feels to see the scale numbers dropping again.  After 10 months, it is still as exciting as it was in the first few weeks.

Donnie

LaToya S.
on 10/8/11 11:51 pm - Edwardsville, IL
Excellent advise and how wonderful that you are doing the pre-op diet with your spouse as well.

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

fayhog2001
on 10/9/11 12:42 am - TX
VSG on 03/21/12 with
Thanks for sharing this man!  I think it's awesome that you are doing this with your wife and that it has also helped you get back on the horse as well.

I also have to say WAY TO GO on the weight you have already lost!  Such an inspiration to those of us who haven't had surgery yet and are on the fence post.
Dawnie 88
on 10/9/11 1:19 am
AWESOME Donnie!!!   and good luck to your wife!!

dejahsmom096
on 10/9/11 1:25 am
Great Advice !!! Thanks. Congrats to your wife and continued success to you.
T.R       

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views