Horrible week! My world has come crashing down.

MELMEL308
on 10/10/11 4:02 am - PA
I find it hard to even type this blog out because I have had a devastating last week.  My sister tragically and suddenly passed away on October 2 at the age of 32 years old, leaving behind her husband and my 3 nieces.  The oldest girls are having their 15th and 12th birthdays this coming week, and she leaves behind also my 16month old niece.  I feel like my world has been crushed and turned upside down.  She was my only sister.  I just am extremely depressed, and angry and hurt that I don't know what to do... I lost 6lbs the first 3 days after my horrible news but now i find myself wanting to reach for food for that old familiar comfort feeling.  I am completely stressed because not only have I been having financial problems myself with my fiance and I having major issues and breaking up, I just had to bury my sister, and am now probably going to take on some financial help with raising my nieces.  I am so afraid that after all of this, i am going to gain and gain...My life feels like it is spinning out of control....HELP!
                            ~Melanie~
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly"                                       
(deactivated member)
on 10/10/11 4:13 am
I am so, so sorry about the loss of your sister.  I can't even imagine how painful that must be.  I am praying for you and your family in this tragic time.  As regards to the eating the good news is you can't physically eat like you use to so that is a plus.  Again I am sorry for your loss and praying that things get better for you soon. 
Hollyhock
on 10/10/11 4:14 am - VA
Oh, Melanie! My sincerest condolences on the loss of your sister. You have been through so much, and you must miss her terribly. You know, it's when the world seems like it's crashing down that the grief makes you expand all your worries to include things that normally you wouldn't be worried about, like gaining back all the weight. You've come a huge long way in your journey, and your sleeve has your back. Just hang in there, do what you can to be good to yourself, take a walk in the fresh air, love on your nieces, call a good friend, and take a deep breath. Get through this gauntlet of pain and have faith in your strength and your sleeve. If you stall a bit, no big woop. Just stay hydrated and hang in there.
5'7"  VSG on 6/6/2011  HW 224, SW 214, CW 144  
BariBariHappy
on 10/10/11 4:19 am - MI
I am SUPER SORRY for your loss. That is just terrible news. But you have to be strong for those girls.

If you have to talk with your nutritionist, psychologist or any behavioral therapist...that will help you. You have done an incredible job getting almost all of your weight off and you must keep it off and stay strong. Your sister wouldn't want that for you and she needs you to be strong for her girls. 

As far as your fiance...well, if he was a good fiance he would come through for you. You are probably better off right now to concentrate on yourself and your loved ones.

It's okay to talk to someone if you need to...especially if it will help you and the girls in the long run. 
Take care and god's speed! You're doing GREAT!
   HW: 291 • SW: 260 • CW: 196 • GW: 145            

sunnymicki
on 10/10/11 4:35 am
I am so sorry for the loss of your sister.  You are in my thoughts.

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

dittodotv
on 10/10/11 4:39 am

Oh Melanie,

My heart is broken for your you and what you are going through...I am so sorry for the loss of your sister...so young...so tragic. Her oldest daughters are the same age as my son and daughter, and my heart hurts for them too.

As others have reminded you, your sleeve will be the tool you will need at this time to not overeat and therefore gain (btw, amazing progress so far!)... I also agree with others that said go for a walk, love on your nieces...allow yourself time to grieve and see a counselor or pastor or someone who can help you walk through this tragedy if necessary.

I will be praying for you in the days ahead.

50yr. old female 5'8" / HW 363 / ConsW 346 / SW 333 / CW 184.4

A911Angel
on 10/10/11 4:48 am
 I am so sorry for your loss.  I lost my 21 yo daughter on June 17, '11 and 4 weeks later my mother passed away.  I had only been sleeved 5 weeks prior to my daughters skydiving accident and felt the same way you do.  On top of all of that, we had to put our 7 yo yellow lab down last week!  I have been clinging to sainity by telling myself that all of the tragity is separate from my weight loss journey.  I get by one day at a time, sometimes 1 hr. at a time.  No words can make you feel better, but just know there are those of us who care..  I'm so sorry!

Holly

SoonSkinnyDonna
on 10/10/11 7:47 am - Dana Point, CA
 Holly - your post was so hard to read - losing so many loved ones  in such a short time has to be almost unbearable.  Your weight loss is a separate and very positive thing - one that everyone who loves you is probably thrilled with - the bright light in an otherwise bleak time.  And keep comiing to the board if you need extra support for those hrs when it feels really dark  -  this group is always so caring.   
SoonSkinnyDonna

HW 255 SW 240 CW 158
-- & lookin good! next goal - no flabby skin?

Paige V.
on 10/10/11 4:47 am - Gainesville, FL
oh Melanie, you are in my thoughts and prayers! 

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

denebbers
on 10/10/11 5:42 am - Townsend, MA
VSG on 10/13/11 with
Melanie,

Im so sorry for your loss. I can not imagine the pain that you are going through. Please know that we are all here to help you overcome your fears remember that your sister would want you to be best you can be, happy and healthy. Think of her every time you want to give in to food or any sad thoughts. Live everyday of your life for her, in her memory, if it's too hard to move on.

Keep smiling through the hard times, your sister will love you for it
Most Active