Stall 1 1/2 weeks out - seriousy!!!

Carlen T.
on 10/17/11 5:38 am - Fort Wayne, IN
Well I was loosing fine, 14 pounds between pre and post op. Now for the last 4 days, absolutely nothing, nada, ziltch! I'm drinking my protien, eating my soups, and soft scambled eggs and drinking water. Not a thing has come off. Am I an over achiever and starting the 3 week stall early? This is depressing! Help!

Carlen

Carlen T        

kenderico
on 10/17/11 5:42 am
Your brain is an over achiever but you body is "saying what the He#@".  It takes time for the rest of you to catch with your brain.  Stay the course, count calories and leave your scale alone.  Stressing will affect your loss.

lmreadynow
on 10/17/11 5:58 am
 l was sleeved  Oct 5th - l can't believe you can have eggs!    

Maybe it's the 3 wk early. Don't worry, it'll come off!!!

HW291  SW279  l'm 5'7"        
(deactivated member)
on 10/17/11 7:58 am - WV
Wednesday I will be 4 weeks out. I had the same exact stall. I started measuring. I was definitely losing inches, just not losing the lbs. My stall is finally over (after almost 2 weeks).
Linda S.
on 10/17/11 8:05 am - Canada
I stalled on the 9th day and it is 9 days long so far. Plus I'm still on liquids!
Thanks, Linda
1) Referral - June 26/10                           4) 2nd. meeting with same - Feb.2/11
2) Orientation - Dec.9/10
3) Met with S.W. Nurse, Diet. - Dec.14/10

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/11 8:11 am - MD
I for one will not torture myself with weighing myself this soon out, I am only weighing once a month, don't  do that to yourself, the early weeks are all over the place from what I have read so why weigh now?
VickyBT
on 10/17/11 8:12 am - MI
I think too many of us newbies are under the impression that you lose non-stop ar first.
I stopped at 10 days out for a couple of weeks.  My pattern is lose a few pounds, stop a week ot two, lose a few lbs. stop a week or so, etc. etc.
You lose in steps not in a continuing non-stop pattern.
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
 Willing is not enough; we must do.? ~Johann von Goethe

VSG Aug. 30, 2011 HW 266 SW 249 GW 166 lbs.

jane0321
on 10/17/11 9:34 am - Canada
I experienced the same thing about a week or 10 days post-op. i just stopped loosing the weight. I got reallly upset and thought that the surgery was a bust.
I started drinking lots and lots of water and up'd my walking. I didn't walk any faster than I had before, just walked longer than before.
I hope it doesn't last long, I know how discouraging it can be! :)
-Jane

precious_diamond38
on 10/17/11 10:05 am - VA
i have put my scale away as of yesterday so i wont cont to drive my self nuts.. i do see my dr on wed so i will know how much i lost then... will cont to hide the one at home and maybe weight once a week or every other week..
Most Active