7 years post op...Loving life

Marci Johns
on 10/18/11 3:05 pm - Middletown, CA
 In just a couple weeks I will be celebrating my 7 year anniversary of VG.  I am still so grateful and constantly reminded how blessed I am to have made this life change.  I am still maintaining my weightloss of 150+ pounds lost.  In this past year I gained about 10 pounds putting me at 171 pounds and I admit it was eye opening and scarey for me.  All I could think of is how close that was to 200 pounds.  That fear of gaining put me in check and I was able to realign my lifestyle and get the weight back off recently.  It felt good when my mom offered to loan me a pair of her brand new jeans that were a size 6 and they actually fit me!!  Granted I normally fit a size 8 to 10 depending on the pant but knowing that I was walking tall and confident feeling sexy in those size 6 jeans was AMAZING!!!  I am healthy and pround of myself.  I continue to tell my story when given the opportunity and the look of suprise on peoples faces when they hear that I was once 310+ pounds will always give me a boost.  After 7 years I have to say that at times I miss the shock and praise I used to get when I would see an old friend or someone who hadn't seen me since my weightloss.  So many new people have come into my life that never knew me that way and can't imagine me any other way.  Most importantly I know what I have accomplished and that is truly what matters.  I am 40 years old now and have learned that fixing my outter appearance was the first step to happiness but I have now reached a point in my life that I must find inner peace and love myself on the inside as well at the outside.  To each and every person who is considering weight loss surgery I commend you for being brave and taking care of you.  This will be a wonderful step in the right direction.  You deserve it!  Believe in yourself and free  yourself from the burden of being overweight.  Remember that you are AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL already this will only make you feel even better!! 
7 years and maintaining

Sunny Girl Marci... 11/2/2004 VGS 310 lbs / 9 years later...Still a size 8 and loving my life!

acbbrown
on 10/18/11 3:09 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Absolutely freaking amazing! Thank you so much for stopping by to share you success with us! We all have a lot to learn from you

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

frisco
on 10/18/11 3:10 pm

Great post and update !!!!

Thanks for sharing !!!!

We have a VSG Maintenance Group here on OH........Check my sig line for the URL

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

kimbethin
on 10/18/11 3:11 pm - CA
Thanks for posting and congrats on such long term success!  So many people ask about long term stats and this is so reassuring to see!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
roobi
on 10/18/11 3:53 pm
 You look amazing! I'm going through the approval process for Jossart right now. This post in some ways is reassuring to me.
J.e.t.
on 10/18/11 3:57 pm
 Yay, what a fabulous post!  Dr. Jossart is also my surgeon.  Thank you so much for checking in here, please post more, I know we'd all appreciate it.  And you are gorgeous!
HW 263, 3lbs lost prior to surgery,  weight loss ticker is since surgery.

sourcherriex
on 10/18/11 4:51 pm - CA
Thank you for sharing! You look so great and I looove your outfit here
 ~Marisa~

Sweet_56
on 10/18/11 6:00 pm - Saskatchewan, Canada
That is one inspiring post!!! Thank You SOO much for it!!! It helps those of us who are newbies to know that it will be successful!! You look amazing! Keep up the good work!!!

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers 
My Video Log...  Follow as this Fat Canadian Shrinks!! 
www.youtube.com/user/TheShrinkingCanadian

1london
on 10/18/11 7:13 pm

Your post made my morning!!!  First let me say......YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!! :)  What an inspiration!  I know I will be one of many who will truly appreciate your post and think of it often as a motivator, thank you so much!  Congratulations on your success!

sam30204
on 10/18/11 10:21 pm
You are the furthest back I have seen so I am so excited! I am 16 months out. Do you still have restriction 7 yrs out? You look very sexy and you simply glow! Congrats!

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

Most Active