How long will this last???(women only)

ADW222
on 11/1/11 3:28 am - ENCINO, CA
Hello Everyone,

I have a questions for the post-op ladies. I just had surgery on October 4. On October 7 aunt flow showed up. I expected that to happen because my cycle had been irregular prior to surgery. Granted my flow was a lot more intense because of my horomone levels being unstable.  Yesterday aunt flow decided she wanted to show up again. But this time she was worse that before. How long does this last? How long does it take your body to get back to normal. I know prior to surgery I missed a couple of months of having my period (due to weight) but when I say extremly intense I mean the hoover dam would have a hard time stopping this. I feel like a waterfall and it is dragging my energy level down. Any advice would be great.

Thanks
maggieandrockysmo
mma

on 11/1/11 3:41 am
My first few months, where I had the most rapid loss (>20 lbs/month) were the heaviest.  I'm just over 7 months out and now things are pretty much normal again.  My cycle is regular, which it was never pre-op.

Stephanie M.
on 11/1/11 3:50 am
I have an IUD and I don't normally have a period, but even I ended up having some very heavy spotting for the first two months. It didn't last much longer than that, though.

High weight: 276

Lowest weight: 155.2

Currently : 159-164

Couch potato to runner in 18 months!                         

Ms Shell
on 11/1/11 3:52 am - Hawthorne, CA
Granted if you've been irregular then you have no idea WHAT your normal is.  The average cycle I believe can be anywhere from 21 to 35 days.  So yours starting again at 24 could be "normal."  Either way it does level off as far as the intensity.  So just be on the look out for it to start again in that 24 range next month.

If you are really tired, also started taking some B-12 which is highly recommended for gastrectomies anyway.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

rebster7
on 11/1/11 12:20 pm
I had the same problem.  Got aunt flow July 31st had surgery August 8th then had aunt flow visit again August 13th.  Then again at the end of August and mid-September.  After that it went away.  My doctor thought it could be from the blood thinners and said if it continue to see my OBGYN.  Of course after I told him everything has seemed to calm down.

Mine were intense to the point of working from home a couple days but have since lightened a little.  The worse part was I was unable to workout with the worry of moving the wrong way if you know what I mean.

Good news is mine got better.
Most Active