4 months out & found out I'm pregnant...

Marcia B.
on 11/2/11 1:53 am - CA
Hello.. I am looking for anyone that has had this happened or close too.  I have had fertility issues since I was 18 years old.  My one son that I do have that is 18 yrs old now we took lots of tests and lots of fertility meds so that I was able to have him.  And yesterday I got the shock of my life, since my periods are and haven't been regular nor normal and sometimes don't even have a period.  Well doctor said I am pregnant.  I am happy but also worried.  This was my chance and I waited to have surgery so that I would have a strong chance of getting all the weight off within in the year.  I was doing pretty well I thought :) I have lost 76 lbs.  But now I am afraid I will gain all that weight back or not lose all the weight I still need to lose... Please let me know if anyone has any info on this.  I just guess I want to feel encouraged that I will still be able to lose if I carry this baby to term.  ( I have had miscarriages before)  Thanks in advance for your help.
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/11 2:12 am
(deactivated member)
on 11/2/11 3:03 am
Marcia B.
on 11/2/11 3:59 am - CA
hahaha I did not take it personal and I thank you and I will never assume again I won't get pregnant lol

foodlover
on 11/2/11 2:43 am
I just want to say congrats and just keep the communication open with your doctors and they will guide you.
Rekeca
on 11/2/11 2:51 am - NC
I just want to say congratulations and wishing you a happy, healthy pregnancy. Good luck.

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/11 3:00 am
There have been a handful, there is also a pregnancy board too.. Yes, you can lose and carry to term (I've had friends do this in a big way, though not surgically..) You will need to work closely with your ObGyn & docs, and not very-low-carb it.. as there is conflicting info regarding ketosis and preg, better to be safe than sorry if you can help it. Just get in with all your docs, and stay on top of the nutrition.. good luck!
Happy Camper
on 11/2/11 3:40 am
 Wishing you the best.  I hope everything works out okay for you.  

Marcia B.
on 11/2/11 3:58 am - CA
Thank you all :) and I just spoke to my nurse who is going to bring up in their meeting about reminding people to use protection.  I have heard just that but no one ever told me that when you lose the fat, estrogen is released which is what makes people after weight loss so fertile.  LOL had they told me that I would have made sure to use protection... but now I know why I have finally been able to get pregnant so easily LOL Nurse Betty told me that I am the offices first sleeve person to get pregnant after surgery usually people with Gastric Bypass it happens often.  Thank you all again for your words I am feeling much more comfortable and I know that I won't gain all that weight back... I was just so scared because it's the first time I have ever been able to lose so I guess old ways of thinking just take over... I will keep walking and eating right and take it as it comes :)

Ms Shell
on 11/2/11 4:11 am - Hawthorne, CA
I was you to STOP for a moment thinking with the part of your brain that tells you that you are eating for TWO.  There is NO reason you have to consume such large amounts of food in the next 9 months to gain back 76lbs.  Any OBGYN will tell you that you ONLY need to gain about 30lbs.  Any OBGYN will tell anyone significantly overweight that you don't need to gain that much.  You ONLY need about 500 extra calories a day.

You just need to be under the care of a GOOD OBGYN preferrably a high risk one.  Your baby growth needs to be monitored as well as your vitamin levels.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Most Active