Yuck! What is this?

susanraywilliams
on 11/5/11 10:44 am
Lately after I eat I seem to get a thick mucos creep up my throat. WTH? It has made me sick a few times. Anyone else experience this?

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." William Duran

Stephanie M.
on 11/5/11 10:59 am
Welcome to having the slimies! Generally that sort of thing means you're eating too much. Try eating a little less at your next meal and see if that makes it better.

High weight: 276

Lowest weight: 155.2

Currently : 159-164

Couch potato to runner in 18 months!                         

susanraywilliams
on 11/5/11 11:02 am
I think I might be eating too fast too. Thanks for the reply. I'll try to slow it down and eat less.

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." William Duran

(deactivated member)
on 11/5/11 11:21 am
Yep thats the slimies.  You are eating too fast and too much. You might need to weigh and measure your food to get the true amount you should eat at a single setting.  Remember dense protien amounts are generally only about 2 oz at a time.
susanraywilliams
on 11/5/11 11:36 am
Well, they are nasty! I actually went and bought a food scale today. I am having problems getting a grip on how to eat. It's hard to make the meal last 20 minutes for such a small amount of food and I want to enjoy but it's just not the same. I realized today just how much of a problem I have. I am a food addict and need some major behvioral modification. Thank God for restriction.

Thanks for the help!

lanunes
on 11/5/11 1:51 pm, edited 11/5/11 1:51 pm - CA
 I think you need to measure your food in volume ( 2 oz in a measuring cup), not 2 oz. of weight.  I thought the same thing at first and was weighing my food. Unfortunately 2oz of weight ended up being a lot more food then what I was supposed to be getting. I would double check with your NUT.

Leslie Nunes              
Jasonm11
on 11/5/11 3:39 pm
For me, it was by weight so that nutritional values could be tracked. Measuring by volume won't let you know the exact amount of protein and such that you are getting since the measurements are based off of weight.

HW(2-19-11) - 375    SW(3-9-11) - 362.5    CW - 204    GW - 220
Reached 100 pounds lost from highest weight at 3.5 months post-op!!!
Reached 100 pounds lost since surgery weight at 4.75 months post-op!!!
Most Active