Kind of funny!!

newme2011-2012
on 11/23/11 6:33 am
My Doctors office called to check on me and my weight loss progress today. (I went to Mexico)
He asked me how I as feeling ...I said great .
Then he asked how much weight I have lost and I told him " I've lost 8 pounds since surgery and for the last week I have been exactly the same no loss no gain.  So then he says " are you following the diet"?   Really???? I said I am on full Liquids... How could I NOT be following it.
I have been trying not to freak out about the scale staying the same as I know there are stalls.
But seriously when he was questioning me about the diet I had to laugh...
I was just saying to my husband how can the weight NOt be just falling off me when it seems like I really am not taking in many calories.
I just about lost it when he questioned whether or not I was following the "diet" though..
All I could do is laugh....
You can comment if you want , any encouraging words would be VERY welcome at this point.
I also drink all my water and get 60 grm . of protien a day + all my vitamins.
Happy Holiday!
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

Countrygirl77
on 11/23/11 8:28 am
Sounds like you are doing what you are suppose to! Just keep doing it and I'm sure the scales will reflect soon
EmilyUT
on 11/23/11 8:37 am - UT
Stay the course! I've decided our bodies have their own plans for us and all we can do is follow our diet, exercise, and hope. I promise that scale will move soon, but I sympathize with your current frustration!!!

~Emily

sweetummies
on 11/23/11 10:42 pm

My body does this - stays EXACTLY the same to the tenth of a pound for days in a row.  Did it before surgery and did it twice (for two days each) during the pre-op liquid diet and so far once (for three days) during post-op liquid diet.  It's just what some bodies do... I know it and I just ride it out.

Like you, I'm amazed since I'm barely taking in any calories so how can I not lose every day!  But our bodies are complicated machines that I don't nearly understand so I just go with it.  We know we're doing what we need to do and it will happen in time.

Glad you are doing so well!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views