At 4.5 years out....food update.

kamehanaokala
on 12/2/11 2:45 am - HI

At 4.5 years out-----here's an update as to how I personally tolerate different foods.

Spicy-Before my VSG, no problem. Today, I still can't tolerate more than 2 or 3 drops of Tobasco in my food...that's as hot as I can handle it. Makes my tummy angry.

Meat/protein-I prefer mostly fish, chicken or beef(rarely). Pork just feels like it's backing up in my throat. I get an uneasy queasy feeling like it's getting stuck even though i chew and chew and chew. Maybe because of it being a drier meat. Yuck! My newest favorite has been crab. Although not so healthy on the cholesteral levels, it's easy to digest and tastes delish!! I'm in love with tofu salads too!

Fruits-i can tolerate every type of fruit out there. My latest favorite is the frozen bag of tropical fruit from costco. I eat that fruit half frozen. So ONO-LICIOUS!!

Veggies-i'm in love with all veggies. Carrots sticks takes care of the crunch factor that I look for when craving crappy foods like chips. My salty cravings are taken cared of by sunflower seeds...highly addictive!! LOL

That's it for now peeps. Hope I gave you newbies and pre-opers an insight to what life is like in the food area a little further out...........

Chore ***** time.....buh bye!

aloha,

michelle

ps-To give you an idea of how much I can eat now-3/4 of a slice of 100% whole wheat toast with peanut butter and i'm fuullllllllll........that would be for breakfast. Don't let the "amount" fool you though. Making the RIGHT choices is what is key...the VSG will work on your side for the right amount. It's impossible for you to overeat!

MS.LISA
on 12/2/11 2:57 am - Salem, OR
Hi Michelle,
Wow you have really good restriction still, have you ever overate, or do you make sure you always stop before you feel full? Thats what I worry about the most is stretching my stomach, I do eat untill im full and I probably shouldnt. I have about the same restriction as you do and I am 1 year out. Has your restriction changed at all?
thanks for sharing it really means alot to here from someone so far out.
Lisa~

kamehanaokala
on 12/2/11 3:05 am - HI

There was a few times that I felt I over ate. Meaning, I took 1 bite too much. It's almost as if I was **up to here**(making a motion of slitting my throat with my finger) with food. One bite too much....and anymore than that would've probably sent me running to the bathroom to heave...LOL....those one bite too many episodes are only cured by walking it off. It's seriously NOT a good feeling to have. I only have 30 minutes break at work and it's a bit of a walk to our cafeteria. So im just guessing that it's combined with rushing and not taking my time eating too.

Yes, it's a LEARNING CURVE. And everyone's bodies are different. So go slow and read what your body is saying....hope this helps!

Restriction is great! I feel my lil banana pouch is just the right size!!!

A H.
on 12/2/11 4:51 am
Revision on 02/09/12
I just wanted to thank you for coming back and helping share information with the newbies. I am considering a sleeve revision and it really helps to see folks who have "been there, done that" and are doing really well.

Congrats and thank you.

Band (09/07) removed, revised to sleeve 2/9/12.

kamehanaokala
on 12/2/11 5:55 am - HI
ubergrrl...i wish you the best of luck with your revision. I initially went to my consulation thinking i wanted a lap band. But as my doc laid out all my options, i didn't know the vsg existed until then. I loved the fact that I could get it done and not worry about fills, etc. Why are you considering a revision?

frisco
on 12/2/11 6:34 am

Hey Sista Girl.

Congrats on 4.5 years !!!

Nice to hear your Dr.C sleeve is nice and tight !!!

FYI: We are planning a LapSF event in San Fran in probably Feb. Will keep you informed.....You need to be there !!!

Mahalo

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

kamehanaokala
on 12/2/11 6:41 am - HI
Please please please keep me informed. I really want to save some vacation time from work to do my plastics next year but a trip to SF souds like fun too!! Keep me posted!

Meme10
on 12/2/11 7:46 am - TX
Michele, thanks for sharing about the food you eat. Pork is not my friend either. I ate a rib, yep, it came back up. So far I have been able to tolerate most foods. With the band I was getting stuck and throwing up on most protein. I love my sleeve!
theshrinkingmimi
on 12/3/11 1:08 am
Thanks for the update.It is quite inspirational.  Congrats.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 54 views