Stopped losing...6months...started losing??

Trish-hoping
on 12/28/11 9:06 pm - Benton, Canada
So I am looking for feedback from anyone who stopped losing partway through their journey due to poor food choices etc.. I am hoping to get back on track and get to goal or at least under 200lbs. I have been the same give or take 5 lbs for over 6 months now. I realize that in order to step it up, something has to change. The darn carbs for one!! So knowing what to do and doing it are obviously two different things. Is there anyone out there who after a long break got back at it and lost a bunch more weight. Thanks for your invaluable input guys.  Trish
HW-362 SW-330  (21lbs lost on pre-op diet)  Over HALF way there!!  
Jocelyn P.
on 12/28/11 10:45 pm - San Antonio, TX
The same thing happened to me. I lost the majority of my weight in the first 5 months and then just stopped. I didn't gain anything, but I hovered around 153 for 4 months. It was totally my own fault. I ate what I wanted, including too many carbs. And I don't exercise.
So at about 11 months out, I started the 5 day pouch test. It really seemed to shake things up and I lost some more weight. Not a lot, but that awful stall broke finally. I recommitted to going back to basics....weighing/measuring food, tracking things, ditching the bad habits... So things are going back down and I have 8-10 pounds till goal.
I'm also going to start the 5 day thing again on Monday. I guess it's a new year's resolution!

Anyway, that's my story.

5' tall  HW209/SW194/CW153.4/GW140
It's never too late to be who you might have been. ~George Eliot  

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/11 11:43 pm - GA
Ms Shell has a similar story and I believe is 3 years post op.
Most Active