oops! I'm pretty lost here.

me-again
on 12/31/11 8:51 am
Monday i'll be 4wks out and i've only lost 22lbs. I totally got lost during this Blessed season and I'm so off track that i'm eating regular foods, regular foods!  I totally was on mushies for maybe 2 days! I'm really embarrassed. I've been able to down 16oz of liquids 3 days after surgery. Even with that i'm not getting enough protein and now that i'm eating reg foods, i choose to eat than drink.
is it even possible to get bck on track?  O forgot to mention I tolerate EVERYTHING!!!
My Hearts Desire Is To Intimately Know Him          
onemoretry
on 12/31/11 8:59 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
I have not had surgery yet, but my advice would be to pick up with your surgeons plan where you left off. You can't change what you have done, but you can do the right thing going forward. Get your head back in the game. Good Luck!
IndyVSG74
on 12/31/11 9:10 am - IN
You definitely want to get back on track, and quick. I had a few slips during the holidays and got off track. The first day I went back to following my meal plan it was tough, but felt really good. If you're not using a food tracker, I would recommend starting to track right away - that way you can be sure you're staying within your recommended calorie guidelines and also be sure you're hitting your protein requirements.

At 4 weeks out you're still going to need the protein supplements, more than likely. I wasn't able to get all my protein from food until past the 3 month mark.

Being able to tolerate everything is a great benefit of the sleeve, but also means that you have to be extra-vigilant of following your meal plan. I too have no intolerances, so unless I'm careful I could easily fall into old habits and stop my progress.
~Megan
Sleeved 8/10/11

Foxbins
on 12/31/11 9:21 am
Tough love here, baby--what does the Blessed season have to do with sticking to your post-op diet?  Where is your resolve?  Your willingness to get healthy?  There will ALWAYS be an excuse to eat poorly (weddings, birthdays, holidays, work events, etc.) and you will have to learn to make good choices or this surgery is not going to work for you. 

Get back on your surgeon's plan and eat what it says to eat, drink what it says to drink.  Take your vitamins and supplements.  Exercise when you are allowed.  Write down everything you put in your mouth and total it up at the end of the day.  It's still early and there is still time to modify your bad habits.

You can do this.
MutteringDuck
on 12/31/11 9:44 am - CT

come back to your surgeon's postop plan.  you can do this.

HW: 291  SW: 276    
Dreamofpeace
on 12/31/11 9:32 am - Rochester, MN

I progressed my diet faster than I should have (pureed foods for the first month, mechanical soft for the 2nd month, soft for the 3rd month and then regular foods) and did a lot of mechanical soft foods during the first month.  Then I made some poor choices around Christmas and felt really bad about my choices.  But the day after Christmas I made a committment to get back on track and have gotten my protein  and fluids in, went low carb and am walking on the treadmill daily.  I couldn't do the protein shakes the first few weeks but now they are fine and they really do keep me satisfied and full for quite awhile.    I think you could  certainly get back on track....do you have a local support group in your area?   Therapist to work on food issues? 

11/06: Lap Band.
 7/11: Slipped band/problems. In process of revision to sleeve. 
12/1/11: Surgery for the sleeve.

Eula "Evie" R.
on 12/31/11 10:09 am - Mount Nebo, WV
Hi Me,
We all fall off the wagon. I know were you are coming from and fully understand. You have to forgive your self and get back on the horse and work that sleeve.Be praying for you.
God Bless
Evie

happyteacher
on 12/31/11 11:08 am
 Ok, awareness is step one.  Check!  Time to crawl back on the wagon now :)  You don't want to hurt your stomach either!!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

(deactivated member)
on 12/31/11 11:29 am - Canada
VSG on 08/16/13
why would you think it's not possible to get back on track?  you are only 4 weeks out!  never ever stop trying.  re read your eating plan and then read it again.  good luck!
me-again
on 1/1/12 3:28 am
Thank you for everything. I have meeting with my nut. on 11th & i'm pressing on. I have a notebook for journalling (?) and i'm going to do better. I truly appreciate all encouragement. It is good, i like it & i welcome it even tough love.

My Hearts Desire Is To Intimately Know Him          
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views