Co-wroker WAY to concerned about what I eat!!

JenJune21
on 1/2/12 2:53 am - North Las Vegas, NV
Ok so I want to put this out there and see what advice you guys have. I had surgery March 31,2011. I only have 30 pounds left that I want to lose to be at a normal, healthy weight! My co-worker is VERY, and I mean VERY concerned about what I eat and how much. She calls me skinny and is very forward with her thoughts on my surgery, They are pretty overweight. I started the 5 day pouch test today so I am on liquids for a couple days. They keep talking about food and how we should order something. I tell her I am just fine thank you but you go ahead if you would like. She then asks me if I will really be going though with the just liquids!?

I guess I just feel like keep your food talk and opinions too yourself and stop trying to bring me down with you!  She is a good person,I just don't need that right now. I have tried multiple times to just ignore it and not let it get to me but there are some days I just do not want to hear her talk to me about food or what I do or do not eat!

Alright, now that i vented a little bit... my day can go on and I will keep up my liquids.

Ideas?

~Jennifer                            
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/12 3:24 am
Boy that's tough. Sounds like she's going to continue being in your business until stopped.

It may be time to take her aside and be direct but polite.

"I need to talk to you about something that's concerning me. I need you to stop worrying about what I eat. My doctor will let me know if I'm doing something wrong. I am fine but need you to stop, I hope you can understand".
JenJune21
on 1/2/12 3:27 am - North Las Vegas, NV
I have actually done that. SHe stopped for about a month or so and it has started again... Maybe I will just have to do it again.

Thanks for your thoughts!

~Jennifer                            
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/12 3:33 am
Sounds like work place harassment to me...get management and/or HR involved.
MsMick111
on 1/2/12 3:37 am - Cleveland, OH
I have a friend who while supportive ALWAYS wants to talk about food and weight.  I just told him that I actually have more things to talk about and even though my appearance may say otherwise, I don't always think about or want to talk about food.  It hasn't helped a whole lot (lol) but he knows when I give him that look to zip it.
Height 5' 7 1/2"  HW/PRE-OP WEIGHT:244  SW:236  CW:184 GW:162
Month 1 - 26 lbs.          Month 4 - 10 lbs.    Month 7 - ?              Month 10 - ?
Month 2 - 6 lbs.            Month 5 - ?            Month 8 - ?              Month 11 - ?
Month 3 - 9 lbs.            Month 6 - ?            Month 9 - ?              Month 12 - ?

JenJune21
on 1/2/12 3:40 am - North Las Vegas, NV
LOL! hmmm maybe i should try that.

~Jennifer                            
Terry H.
on 1/2/12 4:16 am
People at work can be uh.... funny?  One fellow I befriended before I started this journey actually suggested that maybe I should talk to a doctor about my weight.  Hey, I'm 50... a bit presumptuous that I have just been fat dumb and happy and never talked to a doctor in my life.  Then, when I told him I was having the surgery he went crazy trying to get me to go on a diet he saw on PBS.  He even talked to a doctor about me and said they both thought I should try dieting before I got the surgery.  Can you beleive it?  hahaha  Heart in the right place, but not really helpful.  Fortunatly I can control our contact better than your situation, but I feel for you.

HW 420 SW 369  Pre-Op -51 lbs; M1-19;M2-15;M3-14;M4 -14;M5-13; M6- 14;M7-14;M8-10;M9-11;M10-11;M11-9;M12-7;M13-7;M14-5; M15-7; M16-8. M17-3. M18-6; M19-5. Goal of 200 (220 Lost) Reached Month 15. Goal of 180 (240 lost) reached at 18 months 10 days on 4/.20/13.  57% body weight lost@180.  Now on maintenance. Low weight 169.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Beyond Goal 

JenJune21
on 1/2/12 5:51 am - North Las Vegas, NV
Thanks! that is crazy he told talked to a doctor about you and said you should diet! Wow some people!

~Jennifer                            
theshrinkingmimi
on 1/2/12 4:22 am
"She is a good person"  -yeah right. She me may not be the most evil person in the world, but she is intentionally undermining you. Set your boundaries again and keep doing it.   She is not confused or forgetful.  She is just being rude.

Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
heatherdw
on 1/2/12 4:56 am
Where is the 'LIKE' button on here!  She is way over stepping the boundaries of politeness.  Tell her firmly and directly that it is starting to really bother you that she is constantly talking about your weight and diet.  Or, start asking her... "Umm, do you really think you should be eating that? Maybe a protein shake is a better idea..."
Heather, SAHM to 2 (ages 3 and 7), Student

Most Active