First time out

MsMick111
on 1/10/12 11:29 pm - Cleveland, OH
On Sunday, I will be going to Applebee's for my son's 13th birthday (his choice).  This will be my first time at a restaurant since my surgery six weeks ago.  Any suggestions on what I can get and still feel like a part of the group.  My family is large so I am certain we will be there for a while and I am just not in the mood to hear about how I wish I could eat or have a drink. 
Height 5' 7 1/2"  HW/PRE-OP WEIGHT:244  SW:236  CW:184 GW:162
Month 1 - 26 lbs.          Month 4 - 10 lbs.    Month 7 - ?              Month 10 - ?
Month 2 - 6 lbs.            Month 5 - ?            Month 8 - ?              Month 11 - ?
Month 3 - 9 lbs.            Month 6 - ?            Month 9 - ?              Month 12 - ?

Happy966
on 1/10/12 11:37 pm

You will do great!!  I had a lot of anxiety about eating "in public" after surgery (which has gone away, thank goodness).  I only felt truly comfortable with a few close friends.

What I do now is look up the menu on line (if possible) and decide before I go.  This helps a lot.  At six weeks out I probably would have ordered a small bowl of chili and eaten it slowly.  I knew I wouldn't have any trouble with chili, I hadn't tried a lot of dense proteins yet, and I knew I could take my time with it.  If chili's not your thing (or not on the menu), I would consider another soup or fish, like salmon.  It was easy on my tummy and tastes so good.  Can you share?  I also did that too.

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

denebbers
on 1/11/12 12:35 am - Townsend, MA
VSG on 10/13/11 with
I had the same anxieties. I'll tell you what works for me.. My hubby and I order together, if he's not around I'll ask to share with my sis or mom. I pretty much ask them to order anything that has protein and just pick a few pieces from their plate and call it a day.

such a money saver and i also get to try a little bit from each plate :D

Love my sleeve!!
stepmomster
on 1/11/12 2:04 am
Happy Birthday to your SON!
I have not eaten at Applebee's in awhile but from what I remember they have a good selection of healthy entrees including grilled shrimp, grilled chicken and fish. Depending on what you are able to eat I am sure you can find something yummy. You may want to check out their website. I am sure they have a menu and nutritional info so that you can plan out your trip

Most Active