Girly question...

sianabob
on 1/13/12 3:23 am

Periods..

There I figured if I wrote that guys could save time and run lol

ok.. so I am 15 months out from surgery... during the weight loss period I had my cycle but it became kinda irregular and short.. I made it to my goal of 136 in August, which was the last time I had a period... since then I meandered down to 117, (im 5'3) underweight for me would be 106> ...
I am wondering how many of you other ladies have lost your period somewhere along the way.. I have had paps, and blood work done without any answer as to why.. they just want to put me on birthcontrol to force it to come... My husband deployed in July so unless I am nearly 7 months pregnant that is an impossible avenue, you would think I would notice that.. Anyways.. I have always had it on clockwork..  obesity never affected it... I do have an appointment  but I am wondering if anyone can offer up any info they may have..

I wouldnt think my body fat % would be to low to cause it to stop, since there is still more than 11 pounds until I hit the underweight bracket, I had a period during my rapid weight loss so you wouldnt think that the 19 pounds since August would throw it out of wack, its annoying..

infodiva808
on 1/13/12 4:05 am
Don't know your age, but could it be peri-menopause?

sianabob
on 1/13/12 4:06 am
i hope not :) 27

J.Lo 74
on 1/13/12 4:11 am
I'm still in the losing phase but haven't had my period for 3 months. 
infodiva808
on 1/13/12 4:41 am
Yeah, 27 would be too early, I think. Have you tried a good acupuncturist who is also a Doctor of Chinese medicine? Maybe a few treatments to balance out your body may do the trick. Some herbs they suggest to use as a tea. I have had great results with acupuncture however, I have been to many acupuncturists and have had differing results from each.

karenmac3
on 1/14/12 1:11 am - Dunlap, IL
I'll just chime in to mention that just because you're not underweight doesn't mean that you might be so lean that your period changes on you. There are lots of folks that are in the "normal" or "overweight" categories via BMI, then get a body composition test and find out how much *muscle* there is. I'd suggest finding a BodPod or other body composition test to see what you find out that way.
 38 yrs old, 5'8"   HW: 338   SW: 307.2   CW: 235.0

sianabob
on 1/15/12 3:47 am
Hmm good thinking, I know I have never been this size before.. not even in high school... so I have wondered if my body is feeling underweight.. According the nuts scale that reads everything muscle is good but you never know..

USAF Wife
on 1/15/12 4:07 am
Summer 2010, over a year in maintenance, I dropped down to 118-119. My periods practically stopped (we were TTC so I was charting, temping all of that lovely ****), I was ovulating by the monitor, but my period was wonky. My PCM wanted to me gain, my surgeon agreed, I gained up to 132(holiday partying) and then dropped back down to 125-130lbs periods came back, got knocked up. I'm only 5'2' (on a really good day), and my surgeon honestly believes that anything less than 140-145lbs is too small for my body, my frame and health. My PCM likes my weight in the 125-135lbs range. Neither of them put a lot stock in the BMI chart being the end all; be all to good health considering it can not calculate excess skin, heavier bone density from being huge for so many years etc etc.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views