Help!!! Losing hair!

maacjt5
on 1/26/12 12:04 pm - IL
Well it turned 3 most  on Jan 3 since my surgery, and i am losing hair! i told DR and he said it usually happens around the 3rd month and sometime continues til the 8 month!  :(    I started taking Biotin and making sure my Protein was were its suppose to be and a friend of mine whos a hairdresser told me to get this shampoo and conditioner called Nioxin. Has anyone tryed it or does anyone have any other ideas? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!   :)

scorp2413
on 1/26/12 12:07 pm - orchard park, NY
 I have been using Nioxin for about 3 years now. For the time before surgery my hair continued to grow in thicker. I am just hitting 3 months now but have only noticed that I am losing a small amount. I am hoping that the shampoo does help through this too! I also started taking biotin a month ago. 

SleeveRockn Chic
on 1/26/12 12:40 pm
 I am trying castor oil.  I read all about it online and I have read so many positive results on it stimulating regrowth and making hair thicker.  I have also been putting on skin.  I have been only using a week so I can't say much about the hair thing yet but my skin is much softer and I had marks on my neck like small moles and beginings of more skin tags ewww and they are disappearing for real.  I hope it really helps with my hair.  I have been taking biotin which is doing nothing for my hair but my nails are much stronger.  Kerry

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  
 HW: 365lbs.  SW:353  CW:182.4  GW:160 lbs.
Goal 1: Get under 300 (Reached as of 11/15/2011 299.4 Baby) 
Goal 2- Get under 200 (Reached as of 08/29/2012 199.2 Baby) 
Goal 3- Get to 160

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/12 4:58 pm
Your hair is going to fall out, it will fall out for a long time.  I have been taking Biotin for about 10 months, I have wonderfully strong long nails but it didn't do much for my hair falling out.  What was left was glossy and pretty but it still fell out.  I have about 50% of the hair I used to have and it stopped falling out at about 7-8 months.  There were times that my hairbrush looked like a hair waterfall as I have long hair.  I considered removable extensions but decided to just live with it.  I have not noticed new growth yet but I am sure it will come back in soon.
katier825
on 1/26/12 7:10 pm
I've heard that many of these products don't really help, so I didn't bother wasting my money on them. I knew hair loss was probably inevitable. Mine started around the 3rd or 4th month and lasted 6-8 weeks. It wasn't really noticeable to look at, but I had to fuss with it more when styling to get it to lay like I wanted.
Ms. Poker Face
on 1/26/12 8:21 pm
Like Katie, I didn't bother with any of those things.  Based on my research, they are all gimicks.  We are almost all likely lose a bunch of hair.  It's from tellogen effluvium.  Google it for more info.  Related to surgery.  And almost inevitable.  Best thing you can do is stimulate re-growth by getting all your vitamins, minerals and nutrients in.  Good luck!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

brneecy
on 1/27/12 6:34 am - San Pablo, CA
noooooooooo.....what's the point of losing weight then? LOL your body looks good but then your practically bald? i'm scared, i'll be 3 months in next month and i am DREADING the hair loss part!! i rather go back on a liquid diet and go through that **** again than lose my hair
theshrinkingmimi
on 1/27/12 8:31 am
 I'm sorry that you are wasting money on this.  It is a biological reaction to the shock of surgery. Either you will have the reaction or you won't.  If you do have it, it will stop eventually and your hair will grow back.  Physicians, surgeons, dermotologists have been saying this for years, but people still buy the products.  It is not permanent damage.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 58 views