"Lower" belly

KnitterNY
on 1/28/12 5:08 am - NY
I don't know about anyone else, but I seem to have two sections of my midriff, which I refer to as "upper" and "lower" belly, with my belly button as the equator. Now, the upper part has really slimmed down. Is there anything I can do to get lower belly to follow suit? She doesn't seem too interested in getting smaller so far.

Thanks!
HW: 335   SW: 305   CW: 219

katier825
on 1/28/12 5:43 am
It is often the last part to lose from. I looked like big bird for awhile because everything else slimmed around it.
buttercupnectar
on 1/28/12 6:30 am
I know that to build muscle there you need to to leg raises and leg crunches.  No sit up for that lower belly.  Since, muscle makes you burn more fat, this may help some.  I don't know if you have gym  but I use the flat bench and lie flat with my hands under my lower back and raise my legs straight out and then lifet them up and down for 4 sets of 14 repetitions.  Also if you haveone available you can try the hanging leg lift board where you lean back against the device and lift your legs up towards your chest.

Good luck and great job so far.

MenagerieNik
on 1/28/12 7:10 am
 I have the same problem. It's maddening! I just wrote to the trainer at my gym and asked for ideas to tighten abs and burn belly fat. 

HW: 285 SW: 267 GW: 130
Krazydoglady
on 1/28/12 7:49 am - FL

You can't 'target' reduce fat, you just have to reduce fat.  Different people lose it different ways.  I don't have much belly fat but I still have saddlebags (albeit smaller ones) on my upper thighs.

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

Most Active