18 months out today!!

Cedes
on 2/10/12 2:32 am - West Olive, MI
Hi all!  I haven't been around these parts in awhile, but I do check in periodically.  It is awesome to see how many are getting the surgery each week!!!  I wish you all the best!
I am happy to say I am 9 lbs. from my original goal.  Some days the critical part of me comes out and slaps me, thinking " why are you not at goal yet??".  But, I am here to tell you that most days I let that go, and know that I am where I am supposed to be.  I am still losing, still have good restriction, and yeah.... there's some extra skin:).

I had few side effects early on, and now, most days I forget I got the surgery.  I can eat anything, my body tells me what is fueling it and what doesn't, and I am way more active!  I do not eat low carb, that felt too diety/ restrictive for me, but I do try to eat mostly "clean", which is natural, whole foods, with little processed foods. 

I will be checking out my "skin thing" soon with a PS, but want to give myself time to get the last bit off, and to keep moving. 

I still eat emotionally at times, but the changes I have made are HUGE, and this tool helps me every day!!!  Food is not something I fear these days, and I have found the love of cooking!  I see a 'holistic' nutrition coach and hit therapy here and there.... I want to keep moving forward in this journey and keep growing as a person.  But by the grace of God! 

So, if you are reading this and can relate, isn't this whole process awesome?  If you are still considering surgery or in those difficult first weeks, it all normalizes again..... fall into the lifestyle, keep your chin up and awareness up.  This tool works, but I find I have to work it too:).  I was reading my 'pre-surgery' journal last night, and I wrote about how my life would be different after i reached my goal.  I am close enough to know that ALL of the things on my list have been fulfilled, and so much more! 

If you have any questions, or advice on how to get that last bit off:), write me!!!  Best wishes and Blessings to all on this journey!!!!  Mercedes

Before:  287 lbs.

After:  169 baby!!! 

Life aint always beautiful, but it is a beautiful ride!           Imagine what you could do, if you could not fail! 

Ticker reflects weight loss post-op.  Lost 14 pre-op.

M. Nguyen
on 2/10/12 2:37 am - TX
you look absolutely amazing! keep up the great work! =)

anninva
on 2/10/12 2:56 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
great post mercedes!!!  i can relate to a lot (about 13 mos out), not counting carbs, not feeling like i had surgery most days, having amazing things happening in my life, all that!  no tips on getting the last little bit off, but maybe if you go to the vsg maintenance forum they'd have ideas????

thanks for reminding me not to get down on myself for "only" losing 96 lbs in a year.  when the heck did that ever happen to me before?  if you told me i could ever have lost all that weight in the past i would have been beyond thrilled!

keep working it, baby!  you look woderful and thanks for making me smile! 

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

readyforachange2012
on 2/10/12 3:18 am
 What an encouraging post!  Thank you!

I was sleeved 5 days ago.....and this is my best "pain relief" day.  I can hardly wait to get my tube out on Monday.  I think I'll be on my way then.  

It's always important to hear from someone who is a ways out from surgery.  I promise to do that too.
1london
on 2/10/12 3:33 am
Congratulations!

felicity2u
on 2/10/12 3:36 am - LA
You look amazing! Congrats on all your success. Don't be a stranger.

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

princessleah613
on 2/10/12 5:24 am - PA
VSG on 01/19/12
 Mercedes, thanks for your honest post!  I'm so glad to hear you eat normal!! Good luck with the ps and those last few pounds!!  Quick question: do you drink and exercise?

Thanks,

Leah

JenSchroed
on 2/10/12 5:26 am
Congrats to you!!!
On the journey to something new . . .     

mrsfloflo
on 2/10/12 5:33 am - Grand Prairie, TX
Really great post - I can relate very much. I'm still not at goal and I was able to put the critical part of myself away, but I've been feeling really down about it lately; however, reading your post has lifted my spirits. Thank you for taking the time to write that out.

You look awesome!
"Enjoying my life and the confidence to experience more!
My support system: God, my husband, my family and wonderful friends!! I am so richly blessed and God is a God of second chances and this is one He has blessed me with and I'm not taking it for granted!!! Yeah

sushiman
on 2/10/12 10:38 am
You look hot!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views