So What Food Do You Eat That Gives You Total Bliss?

Freddy_Fender
on 2/12/12 1:15 pm - Elginburg, Canada
I'm 10 days out and my intake during the day consists of protein shakes, water and yogurt, but each evening I have a carton of Campbell's Gardinay Soup.
Tonight I had the Asparigus with Basil flavour, 180 calories for the entire half-liter carton, and it is sooooo delicious, I feel like I died and went to heaven.

It takes me about 20 minutes to eat it and I love every minute of it. I garnish with Ms Dash and black pepper.

It's what I look forward to at dinner time. Those soups are very delicious, just be careful and get one with a low sugar content. They range anywhere from 2 grams to as high as 17.
Show strangers kindess....cause they may become friends    
kahlana
on 2/12/12 1:45 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
I'm currently addicted to my Progresso Chicken Pot Pie soup... pureed like crazy of course but it really does taste like one of my homemade pot pies.

My Blog My Facebook

Freddy_Fender
on 2/12/12 2:07 pm - Elginburg, Canada
When I want a little snack, I love those little Silhouette Yogurts.
They are only 35 calories each and feel like such a decidant treat.
I've been budgeting about 4 per day and try to spread them out.
Show strangers kindess....cause they may become friends    
P_B
on 2/12/12 2:24 pm - Norfolk, VA
Now at this point my "to die for" food is shrimp and spicy ****tail sauce or crab legs and lemon wedges. In the beginning my favorite was taco bells pintos and cheese

Wildoatslady
on 2/12/12 7:20 pm
1/2C Fage yogurt
1 TBS SFcheesecake pudding mix
1 TBS PB2 powered peanut butter
Splash of SF peanut butter syrup
Splash of milk if too thick

Tastes just like peanut butter pie to me. YUM
StartWeight:264
Surgery date 11/23        
hollykim
on 2/13/12 3:31 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
hate to be a downer on this thread but being I am addicted to food,I am trying really hard to not find my "bliss" in food anymore. Finding my food in bliss is how I got in the shape I was in and I know for me,the days of finding bliss in food are over.

end of story.

Enjoy your soup! :)

sunnymicki
on 2/13/12 3:41 am
hollykim, I am so with you on that.  By far the biggest reason I gained 140 extra lbs was from finding comfort and stress relief in food.

I am all about eating foods that taste good, and enjoying the food on your plate.  But for me, I will never feel very far away from the path back to eating for reasons other than nutrition...it is a slippery slope I don't want to start down ever again.

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

Lisa J.
on 2/13/12 3:58 am - OK
It's too bad the last poster can't enjoy food now simply by tasting!!! That's what we've been avoiding all these years and stuffing ourselves instead. It is such a joy to actually TASTE and appreciate the food. My head will ALWAYS want that dripping, sickening mile high cheeseburger. My mouth isn't so thrilled with it anymore--it actually DOES like tasting a bite or two of different things like smoked salmon and goat cheese on a cracker, spicy shrimp ****tail, white chicken chili, ( like spicy) sweet and sour sauteed veggies, grilled perfect bits of beef, pork or chicken, fish, oh my the list goes on......

Food doesn't control me anymore. I control the food. It's often a problem to make myself remember to eat!! Sometimes I just want the protein that's quick and easy, sometimes I want to savor every bite. Sometimes I don't care. And even sometimes, sometimes I have a bite of macaroni and cheese or some other pasta that's dripping with flavor. BITES. That's all it takes now. Not quarts, not pounds of it. Not guilty afterwards.

I really think spices and herbs are the key to excellent food now, and I can't get enough! I'd just as soon pass on it if it's not tasty.

And I know I won't get back to my 'before' weight...I simply cannot eat that quantity of food. I do float back and forth in a 10 lb range but I'm not unhappy with the weight and am so thrilled to be 100lbs lighter--2.5+ years out.
Lisa J
HW: 277   Day of Surgery: 234    CW: 161 Goal: 135 sounds good but....? Who knows!

HW/277   EVAL/260  PREOP/246  SURGERY DAY/243   CW/162 1/3/2011
sunnymicki
on 2/13/12 8:21 am
Post Date: 2/13/12 11:58 am
"It's too bad the last poster can't enjoy food now simply by tasting!!!"

LisaJ are you talking about me?  I'm the "last poster" but your statement confuses me because I clearly said that I am all about food tasting good and enjoying the food on your plate.

Soooo....I think I'm missing your point.  I don't look for bliss in food anymore.  I do like my food to taste good.  There is a big distinction in those two statements.

I've lost a lot of weight before and said "never again."  And what I realize now is that each step back towards "again" was a small one.  I didn't leap back into morbid obesity.  I tiptoed.  I'm sure I could do it again.  I've read too many people's stories that are x years out and have never *quite* gotten to goal, or have had significant regain, to think that I am any different.

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 54 views