Best NSV ever!

sheilapinkney
on 2/16/12 1:10 am - Calgary, Canada
I am now 2 weeks from being 7 months post op, and I have lost 77 pounds post op. 

The best thing I have come to realize has  happened to me is MY THIGHS NO LONGER RUB TOGETHER!

I had lived for so long getting rashes in the warmer  months, wearing out pants in the thighs, that I never thought about it until  one day I was  walking to my car from work and I felt a cool breeze on my thighs.  It brought my attention to that region of my body and it dawned on me that my thighs were not touching.  At first I thought it was because I was wearing tights, but later on I was not wearing tights or spanx, and they were still not  touching.  What a happy day that was!

I was basically doing the happy dance all the way to my car. 

Sheila

Surgery: July 27  Surgery Weight: 245   Current Weight: 137 Total weight lost: 1112lbs
   AT GOAL!  WOOHOO!!!    

Sara R.
on 2/16/12 1:18 am
Thats an awesome NSV!!! Congrats :)

katier825
on 2/16/12 1:34 am
LOL I can relate to that. I recently bought some corduroys because they no longer swish when I walk!
kahlana
on 2/16/12 1:34 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
YAY! Thats a wonderful NSV!

My Blog My Facebook

Aussie_in_India
on 2/16/12 9:47 am - India
Love this one, and something I am looking forward to -not having to take that little half step every few yards to adjust pants
VintageChick
on 2/16/12 10:12 am

Congratulations to you!

The day my scrubs don't rub together when I walk is the last day I'll pick up my clothes iron... I so look forward to the day when I just drop them off to be laundered and crisply pressed, and not be embarrased because the inside-thigh seam is half-worn through.

MyOwnSunshine
on 2/16/12 11:12 am
Yay for that NSV! 

I've been too lazy to do my laundry this week, so when I went to the gym today, I didn't have a pair of workout pants to wear.  I rummaged through my workout clothes and found a pair of running shorts that have always been too small.  I decided to give them a go and they fit well.  I noticed when I was walking that I didn't have to keep pulling them down when they got wedged up between my inner thighs.  The final test was that I could actually wear them while running on the treadmill without having to constantly pulling them down. 

Thighs not rubbing together, and shorts that don't creep up are a great NSV!z

" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
Most Active