Really...come on...I gained 8lbs in 4 days

VegasLAbound
on 2/21/12 12:21 am - Cleveland, OH
I'm not worried because I know it's not remotely possible but I am wondering what the heck is going on. I think i'm retaining alot of water so i'll get blood work done and then see if my surgeon would suggest or prescribe a diuretic/ water pill. What do you guys think?

Oh and I miss you all!! :-)

Ms. Poker Face
on 2/21/12 12:38 am
Come see us more often if you can! You're always welcome here. 

I wouldn't bother with a diuretic.  We need to stay hydrated anyway.  So you're better off cutting back on high salt foods, pushing fluids and getting exercise, IMHO.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

VegasLAbound
on 2/21/12 12:46 am - Cleveland, OH
Thank you. I wil definitely be turning up the heat on my exercise routine as well.
onemoretry
on 2/21/12 12:59 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Hi Vegas,

I don't have any advice, I'm still waiting on approval. Just wanted to say, I'm glad you checked in. I was wondering where you disappeared to. Those 4lbs will be gone before you know it.
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

NanaDebby65
on 2/21/12 1:01 am - North Richland Hills, TX
I second the no diuretic!! I was on them for several months post-op and I could not drink enough water to replace the amounts I was losing. I also was VERY dizzy alot and just didnt like the way I felt.

I have major weight fluctuations due to water retention. If I'm up a few lbs then I look back at what I have eaten and the amount of water I have drank. Usually always realize I have had way too much sodium and not enough fluids.

I normally can drop a few lbs, very easily, by restricting my sodium intake and drinking 80+oz of water. Usually takes a few days but I would definitely try this before taking a diuretic.

Good Luck!!
HW: 228/GW: 140/CW: 134    
katier825
on 2/21/12 1:05 am
Have you changed anything recently? I changed vitamin brands a while back and some of the inert ingredients contained sodium. My feet were huge from the water retention! It went away as soon as I changed back to the old brand.
LaughingCow
on 2/21/12 1:10 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
Maybe your scale got bumped and now it's off kilter.
Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
RubyTues
on 2/21/12 1:52 am - Canada
I've been taking a diuretic for the past few days, but only cuz I have a really swollen foot, well both but the one is always worse and quite painful to touch. I haven't had this problem since pre op and my salt intake isn't that high so I'm not sure why but I have been trying to really get the extra water in too.
If it's just some water weight but with no other painful side effects I'd prob not go with the water pills either.

Most Active