5 months out, update!

jennay80
on 2/23/12 11:23 am - Elmore, OH
 I havent been on here in forever!!!  I started out at around 275, 255 the day of surgery, now down to 198 (havent weighed in a few weeks though).  

This is the hardest thing ever to do, the first 2 months, now it is the easiest thing.  I am not a strict dieter really, just get my proteins in and try to make healthy choices.  I know it is up to me to lose the next 25 lbs I want to, which is a weight I would no longer be considered over weight, yay!  So, I have 25 more lbs to lose.  The things that stinks is I can eat more now.  The first 3 months after surgery 4 bites and I was full.  Now it is more like 7 bites, sometimes 10, depending on what I am eating.  

I had the normal lab work, all perfect he said, just perfect.  HOWEVER, my hair fell out like CRAZY!!!  So, I cut my hair that was nearly to my butt to my shoulders and bought Niaxion, BEST THING EVER!!!  Barely any hair falls now, soooo relieved.  I went 4 weeks with handfuls coming out a few times a day, good thing I started out with very thick hair.

My sleep apnea is GONE!!!  I can feel great with just 6 hours of sleep now, AMEN!

I cheat and do horrible 3 days a week (PMS) but I am okay with it, makes me stronger the rest of the month.  This experience has been so good.  I need to make myself exercise, I KNOW this has to start soon.  I started out wearing size 22 pants now in a 14, SO HAPPY, feels FREAKING good!!!  

Solstyce
on 2/23/12 11:32 am - WA
VSG on 02/18/12 with
Woot woot! Congrats on an excellent 5 months! My hair is also very thick and long so I'm fretting about the falling out thing- thanks for the Niaxon tip!

HW: 286  Consult: 276  SW:265   Pre-op: -11   1Mo -27  2Mo -11  3Mo -15  4Mo -6 (stall
UGH!)  5Mo -12
jennay80
on 2/23/12 11:37 am - Elmore, OH
 Biotin too, I take 5000 mg a day  :)  Makes my nails strong and grow fast too!

Most Active