One Year Post Op ... With Pictures

phillipphoto
on 2/24/12 4:09 pm - Fairview Heights, IL
Ok. It is time ... I have to admit that I never thought I would make it to this point.

Back in June of 2010 when I made up my mind to do something about my life, this day seemed almost impossible!!!

After doing untold hours of research on this and other websites, I finally got up the nerve to go to a seminar.  THIS IS A GIANT STEP!!!!! If you are sitting there thinking about it ... Just stop thinking and start DOING!!!! It can't hurt you to find out more information ... but it just might mean your life if you do nothing. Remember ... doing nothing is still a choice. 

Stand up for yourself!!! YOU ARE WORTH IT! It was the best decision of my life. Yes I was scared. Yes I was worried that life would not be worth it without food. Yes I was ashamed that I had gotten so big and that surgery was my only option. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes ... we all did ... you all will...get past it and make a choice for yourself.

I only say this because I wished someone would have been there to say it to me. It IS a big decision. It does take commitment. It will be tough sometimes. But us it worth it? I say YES!

At my heaviest I weighed 400 lbs. You don't get to be 400lbs and think "My life is good. I'm making great choices! I think I'm doing just fine."
I made the choices I had to make and it worked. I have lost 155 lbs in one year. I now weigh 245 lbs. I still have about 40 - 45 pounds to go. I am still losing slowly. I have started working out. I still have great restriction. I no longer am on any meds except 50 mg of Zoloft for some family inherited anxiety.

If you have questions ... ask.
If you need encouragement ... read all you can on here and don't be afraid to message someone who has been there.
I look forward to seeing you all on the losers bench.

Phillip

Shagdoll
on 2/24/12 4:21 pm
Your transformation is amazing! Keep up the great work & keep us posted!
phillipphoto
on 2/24/12 4:37 pm - Fairview Heights, IL
 Thank you! It feels great.
I still think of myself as a 400 lbs man. Last week I took my kids to the zoo. It wasn't till about 30 feet past the entrance that it hit me ... I walked through the turnstile straight ! ... no turning sideways and standing on my toes to get through. 

jimbovsg
on 2/24/12 4:32 pm
Dude awesome!  great job!   As a former "big boy" myself...it will take you a bit longer to hit goal.......keep it up.....You got this!  

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

phillipphoto
on 2/24/12 4:40 pm - Fairview Heights, IL
I know that the weight loss has slowed considerably ... but I keep changing in clothing sizes. From a 60 to a 42 inch waist. I know I will have to kick it in high gear to keep dropping in weight. I will get there. Thanks for the encouragement.

Michelle H.
(Rainbomama)

on 2/24/12 5:54 pm - LA
VSG on 02/27/12
Oh wow, look at you!! That's an amazing accomplishment!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Michelle from Louisiana

Pkrplyr777
on 2/24/12 6:45 pm - CT
Great post and an amazing difference.

I totally agree about making choices (read my signature)

Thanks,
You look great!
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
Jaybee766
on 2/24/12 6:56 pm - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
such a great story and I really appreciate your sharing.  perfect timing for me - my big day is on Monday.  I'm at the starting gate....
Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

Ms. Poker Face
on 2/24/12 8:50 pm
WOW!!  Way to go!!  You look great!  Keep rockin' your sleeve!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

CheeseLover
on 2/24/12 8:52 pm
VSG on 02/16/12
Amazing, congrats!
 HW: 396 SW: 299 CW: 252 GW: 175

FINALLY BROKE THAT GOD-AWFUL STALL!!!!
Most Active