Why Can't We Drink Optifast After Surgery?

Freddy_Fender
on 2/29/12 1:36 pm - Elginburg, Canada
I was on it pre-op for 3 weeks, Optifast 900, and I really like it.
I can understand not being able to drink it whle we heal after surgery, but say after six months, is there any reason drinking it could harm us?
Show strangers kindess....cause they may become friends    
Emilyr0011
on 2/29/12 8:15 pm
Serving Size: 1 Shake, Calories: 225, Fat: 7.5g, Carbs: 16.8g, Fiber 0g, Protein: 22.5g

This is the nutritional info I found on the Optifast 900, but there is different info for Nestle Optifast 900 (???)....but according to the above, it's definitely not accepted on my eating plan.  That's just way way to many carbs for one meal in my opinion.  And by 6 months out I'd rather be eating the majority of my carbs from whole foods like vegetables anyway, whi*****lude fiber and other nutrients.  But that's just me and my plan.

Best thing would be to check your nutritional info with your doc - if the shakes are on your plan, go with what your doc says.

H - 5'4" SW 260 / CW 133 / GW 150 GOAL in 9 mo 11 days!

Ms Shell
on 3/1/12 12:58 am - Hawthorne, CA
Who said you can't us it after surgery?

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

ChangingNow
on 3/1/12 2:09 am - OH
I did Optifast a few years ago.  I liked it too, but the sugars are high.

Have you tried Premier Protein from Costco or Sam's?  Very low sugar, higher protein, and I think it tastes better than Optifast.  I get chocolate.

VSG on 05/03/2011, SW 255, CW 140, 5'6" female
Body by Sauceda on 11/30/2012, LBL, BL/BA, long thighs, arms, neck

Freddy_Fender
on 3/1/12 3:18 am - Elginburg, Canada
On March 1, 2012 at 10:09 AM Pacific Time, ChangingNow wrote:
I did Optifast a few years ago.  I liked it too, but the sugars are high.

Have you tried Premier Protein from Costco or Sam's?  Very low sugar, higher protein, and I think it tastes better than Optifast.  I get chocolate.

I've been pretty much living off those Premiere protein drinks from Costco. I buy 2 cases at a time.
They have been a life saver for me :)

I drink 3 per day, it's an easy and quick way to get 90 grams of protein.
Show strangers kindess....cause they may become friends    
LaughingCow
on 3/1/12 3:20 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
It cost me a lot of money, so I'm having some from time to time. I didn't like the bars and will throw them away. But I'm having shakes and soup ever once in a while.
Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views