Brain stuck in the 300s, body dropping through the 200s like melted butter

fypcdqt
on 3/7/12 12:11 am - Cumming, GA
So I stepped on the scale this morning, saw 235.8, smiled, stepped off the scale.  Went to write down my weight and started writing 335.8....what the crap???  My heighest weight was 333, but it seems like my brain is stuck thinking I'm still in the 300s.

Any one else have a hard time mentally wrapping your head around losing weight?  I haven't had this issue until I hit the 90 lb mark. 

On another note, I found my knees again!  Forgot what normal legs look like - ankle, calf (no more cankle!), knee, thighs.  My knees and thighs are definitely their own entities now.  Watch out world!

Hope every one is having a great Wednesday!
Amy

bigtigger1010
on 3/7/12 12:23 am - Laurel, MD
VSG on 04/05/12
I so could see myself doing that! LOL... Ur doing great, Keep it up! What an inspiration!

HW:344  SW:329  CW:207.8  Losses: pre-op - 15/ post-op - 121.2        
M1 -  25      M2 -  18    M3 -  14.2    M4  - 11.8     M5   - 14      M6  -  9.6
M7 -  6.6     M8 -  7.0   M9 -  5.6      M10 - 7.8      M11 - 1.6+      M12- ??    

fypcdqt
on 3/7/12 11:42 am - Cumming, GA
Thanks!!!

Where are you in the process now?  Do you have a date set? 
Amy

RHCP
on 3/7/12 1:59 am - Poughkeepsie, NY
I still feel like that 256 lbs girl sometimes and I'm a year out.

It's a huge adjustment but getting easier.

Wait till u do laundry and you hold up your pants looking at them thinking who's little ass fits into these???? And realize they are yours!

fypcdqt
on 3/7/12 11:41 am - Cumming, GA
I see clothes in my closet and wonder who is making me crazy...

In fact, after girls weekend in Nashville, I came back and did laundry and wondered if I somehow got clothes mixed up with my small bffs.  Such a mental shift is needed! ha!

imchatti
on 3/7/12 5:21 am - NJ
I have difficulty realizing what an 80 pound loss looks like.  i see that i am thinner, and I understand that I now wear an 18W not a 28W, but ....... I look at my pants each morning and think, no way in hell is my ass gonna fit in there!  but it does.  I have that same thought, with chairs and booths and many other things throughout the day.  so yea, i am right there with ya'.
fypcdqt
on 3/7/12 11:40 am - Cumming, GA
I still hold my breath when I button my pants that are starting to fall down my hips.  I have to take my mom or bff shopping with me b/c otherwise I will pull clothes 2 or 3 sizes ago and try them on in vain.

Insane!

fypcdqt
on 3/7/12 11:44 am - Cumming, GA
Oh, also, tonight I was with one of my *very* petite friends who happens to weigh around 97 lbs.  She hopped on my back so I could take a few steps and try to remember what it was like to carry that extra weight around.  I still have around 76 lbs to lose, but I don't have any one that small to compare it to.

tall_not_venti
on 3/7/12 7:45 am
VSG on 02/23/12
You are doing amazing! What an inspiration. I hope to have this problem soon.
fypcdqt
on 3/7/12 11:39 am - Cumming, GA
That day will be here BEFORE you know it.  These past 6 months have FLOWN by.  So when I hit my year surgiversary and you're at the 6 months you won't know where the time has gone either. 

And I will be here cheering you through all these "problems".  Welcome to the losers bench!!

Amy

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views