One week out, first follow up

InnerMe
on 3/22/12 4:13 am
So, I am one week out today. It has been much smoother then I expected this week. I have gotten all of my protein, fluids and walking in. I just treat it like it's my job, I wake up early and start with my isopure, water, walk, repeat. I have not had any hunger, maybe because I am always full of water and shakes! I still have some pain, it's mostly a sore ache sort of pain except for the gas pains. They just sneak up on me when I not ready and can be pretty bad but only for a few seconds at a time. I am starting to get a little bored with being home from work, so I'm starting some little projects around the house to keep me busy. My dog is super happy because he's getting a minimum of three walks per day, he'll probably start losing weight with me!

Yesterday I had my first follow up appointment with my surgeon. He is very happy with my progress and all 3 of my incisions look great. He had cleared me to swim and take baths already! I was prepared to wait for 4 weeks before I could do anything like that! I also got the go ahead to move to the next phase of my diet whi*****ludes some mushies and full liquids like cream soups. So last night at dinner time I had a tablespoon of mashed potatoes. It was amazing because I was full (not that I was looking for full, but I had expected to eat 2 tablespoons and just didn't need to) I felt great and went for a long walk afterward.

I am very happy with my sleeve so far. Here's to keeping that feeling going!  
 Heather

54 lbs lost pre-op, VSG 3/16/12   
dejongdd60
on 3/22/12 4:19 am - IA
Congratulations on a successful first week. The first month is the most difficult because your body (including your head) will be making drastic changes. Just remember to listen to your body - it will tell you when enough is enough. Keep drinking your protein and water, too! Walk the dog when you're bored or restless, and you'll both benefit! Keep up the good work! It is well worth it!
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Phillipians 4:13

InnerMe
on 3/22/12 5:05 am
Thanks!
 Heather

firefly2000
on 3/22/12 4:20 am - NJ
VSG on 03/20/12
 Wow! Glad to hear that you are ajusting to being sleeved quite easily! I am slowly moving along. A sip here, a sip there, walking, and doing light housework. 
Keep up the good work!
Lesley

InnerMe
on 3/22/12 5:03 am
Thanks! Sounds like you're doing pretty good too!
 Heather

kitsyb
on 3/22/12 4:23 am - Mobile, AL
VSG on 01/23/12
Great work!  Just be mindful of how many carbs and how little protein mashed potatoes have.  Think about scrambled eggs, quinoa, lentils.
InnerMe
on 3/22/12 4:50 am
That's a great point and  I did give it some thought before I decided to have the potatoes. I choose them because I felt they were soft and easy enough on the tummy to see how my first food would go. I promise not to make it a habit! :)
 Heather

Jen Starr
on 3/22/12 4:50 am - NJ
 Sounds like you're doing great!  I had my 1 week follow up Tuesday and everything is healing well here too.  Just jealous when I read this forum...I feel like I am the only one that has to stay strictly on clear liquids for 2 weeks - UGH!  I'm DYING for eggs or mashed potatoes!!   The practice I use only lets the lapbands and bypasses move on to moist & mushy after 1 week, but all of their sleeves have to wait 2 weeks to be safe. We can't even have non-clear protein shakes yet.

InnerMe
on 3/22/12 4:59 am
It's coming up soon, just a few more days!
 Heather

Brenda777
on 3/22/12 3:25 pm
VSG on 03/19/12
 To reply to your comment... don't feel alone.  I have to be on liquids for 3 weeks, and then soft foods for 3 weeks.  

HW: 318.6  Pre-surgery Weight: 268.6  CW: 149 Sleeve Date:  March 19, 2012
- 169.6  pounds!  Doctor established medical goal weight = 165. I lost 50 pounds before getting sleeved.  Current BMI = 27  Original starting BMI = `58.3  Tummy Tuck: 01-04-13

Most Active