Advice

Nieves.carmen59
on 3/29/12 6:49 am
VSG on 10/18/11 with
I have been going to a personal trainer for since February 20.  When I started with him, my weight was 195, yesterday he weigh me and I am 184.  He finds that I am losing very slowly even though I workout 3 times a week with him, 3 times a week by myself.  I keep my calories at 800 or below.  I drink 64 oz of water a day.  My average caloric expense when I workout with him is around 400 calories for 1 hour, 30 minutes each time.  When I workout by myself, I do 30-45 minutes and it is around 200-250 calories. 

Yesterday, he asked me to go on my pre-op diet so I can shock my body into losing weight.  Protein for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, yogurt and cottage cheese with blackberries for snacks.  He finds it hard to believe that with all the tracking I am doing of my food and exercising, I am not losing faster. 

Thank you to all.  You are my strength.  God Bless each and every one of you.

What do you all think?

Nieves.carmen59
on 3/29/12 7:32 am
VSG on 10/18/11 with
When I say Protein, I mean the Protein Shake.

acbbrown
on 3/29/12 8:05 am - Granada Hills, CA
I think your trainer is c-r-a-z-y.

From what I see, you've lost 11 lbs in 5 weeks. That's about 2 lbs a week. What's wrong with that? Sounds pretty healthy to me. I don't think you are going to be pulling 3-4-5 lb losses a week. You are active, but trainers like to over estimate how much you are burning.

After years of yo yo dieting, and going through WLS process, our metabolism usually takes a hit. By drastically reducing your calories - you would only be messing with your body even more. I do not recommend it. You are losing weight at a very acceptable rate (hell, I'd take 2 lbs a week right now). It's not like you havent lost a single lb...

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

TheBiscuit
on 3/29/12 8:17 am - TX
Maureen K.
on 3/29/12 8:24 am
 Call me crazy but I think you need to up your calories always worked for me the amount your eating and exercising your body is in starvation mode try it 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

emelar
on 3/29/12 8:28 am - TX
Fire your personal trainer.  Or at least ignore him on all matters of weight loss.  Your weight loss is great.  He should be celebrating it with you.  I certainly wouldn't go back on the pre-op diet for any reason other than a doctor telling me I had to!
Most Active