Two weeks out

InnerMe
on 3/30/12 4:27 pm
So, today I have been sleeved for two weeks. I have lost 16 pounds, 26 if you count the 10 pounds of water from the IV (I don't). I feel pretty much normal except I do get tired after walking around my neighborhood, or going to the store. I am getting bored staying home from work, I will be glad to have my energy back. I'm sure that's normal, it's just taking a little getting used to for me. I am still on a full liquid diet with a few mushies allowed. I'm so over cottage and ricotta cheese, I can't eat eggs (never have been able to stomach them) so that's not an option for me and all other approved foods at this phase are just all carbs like mashed potatoes and cream of wheat and I don't want those to become a habit. I am still having 2 protein shakes every day to get my protein in. I have been adding coconut extract to my chocolate shakes and banana extract to my vanilla shakes and now I love them. I am looking forward to being able to eat something else, I have two more weeks on this phase of my diet. If anyone has any ideas for soft protein foods I'd love to hear them. I am getting in all of my fluids and protein and stopped needing painkillers at the beginning of this week so things are going pretty well.
 Heather

54 lbs lost pre-op, VSG 3/16/12   
hrford
on 3/30/12 9:12 pm
VSG on 03/19/12
 Does your diet allow for tuna (from a can)?  Also making chili (white or red) and then blending is nice.  The mix of flavors is the same just the texture is different (I tried it pre-op to see as I'm not to mushies yet).

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

firefly2000
on 3/31/12 12:06 am - NJ
VSG on 03/20/12
 Congrats on your weightloss thus far, you are doing great!! I was sleeved on March 20th and I will begin the pureed stage on Monday.

Have you tried greek yogurt? That is one of the items on my list. Also, tuna salad, turkey chilli, pureed beans, tilapia? 

Keep up the great work!
Lesley

Most Active