7 1/2 months out, not diabetic anymore!

Ashley O.
on 3/31/12 9:18 pm
Still on Metformin 850 2x a day... still insulin resistant.. Still on Aldactone 50mg 2x a day for blood pressure (well... endocrine has me on it not necessarily for the blood pressure... she says more to help with hormogne levels or something..?) and I'm still on Synthroid for my hypothyroidism.. not that i was expecting that to change.

But i'm not type 2 diabetic anymore..

I havent been on here ina while.. I just got back on wanting to see how things are and what not.. I've been really frustrated lately, my weight has been going up and down the past 2 months.. currently it is down.. (I'm not sure what the ticker thing in my signature says.. but i'm at 203lbs now.. :D)

For anyone i havent spoken to before that see this: I had the VSG 3 days before my 16th birthday, back in august.

weight loss has been slow.. medications keep getting changed... stopped and started again.. (the cause of my frustrations..)
butttt. again. i will reinterate.. not diabetic anymore..!!!!!!

and: my endocrinologist finally confirmed my theory that it is possible to be born with Insulin Resitance... they havent identified a specific gene yet.. (they being scientist people.. i dont even know the techncial term.. you get my point) but ti is possible.. and that i most likely was..

i'll probably always be insulin resistant to some extent.. but i'd choose that over being morbidly obese and type 2 diabetic any day. (:

I'm down 82lbs and loving life..... oh. and i found out if i get to my goal weight (around 135lbs) by 18mo post op... because of the program i'm in and because i'm a minor and the hospital where i had the sugery at, i'll be able to get free plastic surgery to remove all the excess skin (that is already raelly starting to get on my nerves..)

Uhm.. yeah. i've had some issues.. medications and ridiculously long stalls, and slow weight loss.. but it is freaking worth it..

Just a note to anyone that is considering the VSG or any form of wls: you need to make the right decision for you... if you think it is, then go for it.. i did.. and it is honestly the best decision i've ever made.

I hope everyone else is having a great day.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

Kevin H.
on 3/31/12 9:32 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 So wonderful to hear the diabetes is gone!  Congrats!  

frisco
on 3/31/12 9:50 pm

Congrats on your WL and the news on not being diabetic anymore !!!

I just wanted to tell you.... I have read your posts and every time I have been impressed on how you carry yourself and how not 16 you sound !!!

Keep the path go for those free plastics !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Ashley O.
on 4/1/12 4:13 am
Thanks frisco. (:

Haha... It's kinda funny.. I get it in real life too.. Not just on an online forum. No one buys that i'm 16, at all.. Even some of my doctors forget and assume I'm older...

Will do. thanks again. (:

-ashley.

~

~

momsy55
on 3/31/12 9:51 pm - ME
That's wonderful news Ashley!!!  Good to hear how you're doing.

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Ms. Poker Face
on 3/31/12 9:54 pm
I've been wondering how you're doing!!  So glad you checked back in!

Congrats on your success so far and most importantly on your health improvements!  GO VSG!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

bunnymom
on 3/31/12 10:37 pm
WOW! and you have your whole beautiful life ahead of you. Many congrats--I bet you feel like a million bucks!
Bunnymom            
Ashley O.
on 4/1/12 4:14 am
haha thankyou. Yeah. you have no idea. (:

~

~

BlueSkyBlue
on 3/31/12 11:01 pm
VSG on 01/03/12
 Great job, so happy for you!

onemoretry
on 4/1/12 12:01 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Great new Ashley! I have been wondering how you were doing, glad to hear all is well. Congrats on no longer being diabetic and losing 82lbs. You are an inspiration!
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

Most Active