Same old topic

docsal80
on 4/2/12 2:53 am
I read the message board every day but i post infrequently.  The topic (for me) never changes.  However, there may be a change in my thinking (at least i hope so).

Topic:  Help...am losing control.

New thinking:  I WILL take control...it is MINE to take.

Long story, short>>>am 4 yrs. out.  All was going well until about 2 1/2 years and then old thinking and behaviors started creeping in.  Still was doing very well.  Kept weight at about 115.0 lbs. and felt good...physically, emotionally, etc.  But, was so frightened of OLD BEHAVIORS and the possibilty that they were returning.

THEN, i was dx'd with stage III invasive breast cancer.  Went through a year of chemo, double mastectomy, radiation, and am on hormone therapy now.  My last reconstuctive surgery is set for this month.   I am a SURVIVOR!  

Funny thing, i GAINED weight with the cancer (approx. 15 lbs.).  Worst fear came to pass.  Also, was eating (when i could) and knew was adding to the problem of fear of weight gain.

NEED to take control as i am having surgery again.  Thus:

I WILL take control because it is MINE to take.  Wish me luck.
"No one can make you feel inferior without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt

REVISED GOAL:  125 lbs.

jaded123
on 4/2/12 3:25 am - MD
Best of luck with the upcoming surgery and with getting off that bit of weight you've regained.  I think it's awesome that you've done so well!   15 seems reasonable for all you've been through, and you didn't gain 50.  You can get that 15 back off whenever you are ready.  And it sounds like you're ready NOW!  :)

HW: 310 /  Lost 15 on pre-op diet  /  SW: 295  /  CW: --- /  GW: 170-175

AmberK
on 4/2/12 4:05 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 I am so proud of you and what you have been through in the last years! I am so glad that when you were diagnosed with breast cancer, that you were at your healthy weight. Can you imagine going through that being obese?? 

I will be prying for you! For all that you have had to endure, you are a strong women! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

SoSoHappy
on 4/2/12 6:24 am - CA
VSG on 04/09/12
Much love and strength to you.  Not a victim but a SURVIVOR.
roundater
on 4/2/12 6:32 am - Lincoln, NE
Best of luck on your surgery. As for the few pounds gained just look at the progress you have made. This is just a small bump in the road on your journey. Just get back on plan when you are ready and the weight will come off. Sounds like you have a lot of things on your plate and I will pray for you.
Rich Sonderegger

docsal80
on 4/2/12 8:10 am
 Thank u all for ur good wishes and understanding words.  Truly has been a "wild" year of docs and txs.  However, as you said, i am a survivor.  What's a few pounds?

The encouragement from all of you is very helpful as it lets me know that i am not alone in this WL journey and have never been alone as long as i have had all of u and this board.  OH is the best, and one of the most helpful tools, any of us can have.

I feel my strenght coming back to face the next hurdle.  I shall win that one too.
Again, Thank You. 
"No one can make you feel inferior without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt

REVISED GOAL:  125 lbs.

onemoretry
on 4/2/12 8:21 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
I want to start by saying GOD IS GOOD! You are a SURVIVOR! I know you will be just fine during your up coming surgery, he did not bring you this far to leave you.

As for the weight, you got this! You lost the weight one time and you just kicked cancer right in the ass. You are in Control! You ROCK!
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/12 8:58 am
 "he did not bring you this far to leave you." this is what my sweet friend told me when I was freaking out about my WLS and scared of this journey. It applies to so much in our lives and most definitely our journeys of health. Love this very much and has gotten me through ALOT n my life. :)
Most Active