I'm BACK... on track!!!!!!!

LngRedRose
on 4/5/12 3:48 am, edited 4/5/12 4:18 am

I am back!!!  Back on track!!  :)) 

Ok, so I started low carbs on Monday of this week... and as of today I have lost 5 lbs.  I had 50 to lose, so now I only have 45.  (Trying to psych myself out here).  Anyway, I am truly proud of me.  It has not been easy putting the carbs down but I have to for my knees and for my health and because heck, I want to look good!!! 

I am happy to say that my sleeve is still working!  I lost 108 lbs originally with approximately 20 - 25 more to go.  I stopped watching what I was eating and got really lax and I gained 30 lbs.  Wow.  I have been so disappointed in myself.  I see others doing great and I felt like a BIG FAILURE.

So, I decided to stop the pity party and get back on this site and try to get some support going.  That is what helped me lose 108 lbs! 

I will be around more often now since I really need this site and I need the encouragement and the inspiration I get from seeing you all succeed.

Hugs, Karen R. (Mom to TWELVE incredible kids)
Louisiana 

Ms Shell
on 4/5/12 4:22 am - Hawthorne, CA
OMG it's so nice to see you!!!  How have you been (minus the gain of course)!!

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

LngRedRose
on 4/5/12 5:40 am

Ms. Shell,

Been doing great.  Only area in my life that really needs improvement is this weight battle.  I guess I figured that small tummy = small portions = skinny forever!  W-R-O-N-G!!!  This is a true new way of life that you cannot afford to get off track on.  I have learned my lesson, and learned it well. :)  Thanks for your support!  You are one of the sweetest ladies I know!

Louisiana 

Ms Shell
on 4/5/12 9:49 am - Hawthorne, CA
Ha who would have thought it wouldn't magically STAY off =)

As you can see from my ticker (go ahead LOOK) I took have regained and have also readjusted my goal so I'm here for you!!

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Jenny C.
on 4/5/12 4:26 am
It is always hard to seize the moment to stop sliding downward...and you did it!!!!!!!  Congrats on that and on the lost 5.  Make a plan and stick to it.  Lots of folks use journaling (both food and exercise) as a way to meet their plan goals.  Protein first, tons of water, not drinking with meals, making sure you get all your nutritional needs met (includes supplements), working out.  Those are my 5 commandments.  Best of luck, wishing you tremendous success!
Jenny

LngRedRose
on 4/5/12 5:42 am
Thanks Jenny for taking the time to post.  I have started journaling my food for the first time in my life this week.  I was amazed at how much better it makes me feel and how it keeps me on track.  I am back to drinking, drinking, drinking! :)   Thanks again for your encouragement!!  I appreciate you!

Louisiana 

Vicky712
on 4/5/12 5:32 am - Bryan, TX
 Its great to see you back.  I had surgery in August of 08.  I have managed to keep the weight off but I tell you it sure is easy to get laxed and go back to our old ways of eating.  Those nasty carbs will slip up on a person in a hurry.  I try really hard to limit my carbs to 40 grams a day.  I still have great restriction and cannot eat alot of dense protein.  However, those carbs go down real easy and can sabbotage a person's weight.  Hang in there.  So glad you are back on the board.  If you need any encouragement please PM me.  We are all in this together.  I say we are a "breed" of our own!  Only those of us who have had the VSG can understand.  Keep doing what you did this week.  Limit your carbs, eat protein first -- you already know this but keeping protein in our tummies will keep you full and not want carbs.  I think carbs are addicting so I try to stay away from the chips and crackers and candy.  I find if I eat some of these foods, it just makes me want more.  I drink alot of water with ice between meals too.  Hope I have been some encouragement to you.  You can do it!  You've done it before -- lost 108 pounds!  Wow that is exciting.  We've come so far so and I personally do not want to go back to the way I felt when I was big.  Constantly pulling at my clothes and feeling bloated and puffy.  The VSG is a tool and you still have your tool. That is the beauty of this surgery.  Work your tool and the weight will come off.  It will be so worth it!  Good luck!
LngRedRose
on 4/5/12 5:45 am

Vicky,

We had surgery very close to the same time!  One month apart actually.  Great to see that you have kept your off!  That is great encouragement to me.  I have learned that this surgery is not a "eat all of the food you want, when you want it, get out of jail free card".  I appreciate your willingness to encourage me.  I have needed this for a while but was really too ashamed to admit that I have failed to anyone outloud.  (I know folks in my family and friends can SEE I have gained but no one has been rude enough to say it yet, thankfully!) 

You are right, we have come so far and I refuse to weigh 275 ever again.  While I am not even remotely close to that... I know that it would not take long to get there because gaining this 30 lbs has been really fast and really easy to do!

Thanks again for your support and I will definitely be in touch with you! 

Louisiana 

happyteacher
on 4/5/12 5:44 am
 I am so happy to read that you were able to reverse your trend- and 5 pounds is a lot since Monday!  Congratulations!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

LngRedRose
on 4/10/12 1:35 am
Thanks so much!  I am learning that it is a daily way of life.  Minute to minute at times! :)

Louisiana 

Most Active