My Life 6 Months Post Op - Update on Progress

SkinnyJeansSoon
on 4/19/12 5:40 am
Hello,

I am 6 months post op and have lost 71 pounds so far on my journey. I may not be a fast loser but I am thrilled with the results and feel great. I am off all of my meds, have sufficient energy and am starting to feel more comfortable in my own skin (except that I feel like I look much older now that I lost a good bit of the weight - that stinks).

I took my measurements today and have lost 58 inches, 71 pounds and 6 dress sizes (Size 18 to size 6/8). I can’t believe it has already been six months. I was hoping to be to goal by today but am off by 9 pounds…insert sad face here! The last few just don’t want to come off but I will beat them with a stick if I have to!

My biggest accomplishment this month is I ran a 5K. It was on the treadmill but I didn't stop and finished in 30 minutes...I can't believe I ran for 3 miles straight.

Sorry I don't have any updated pics but I am happy to answer any questions for any newbies or anyone might have about my experience so far. I "heart" you guys and appreciate your support and "kicks in the rear" when I need them!

(VSG - 10/20/2011)
HT: 5'9

Mom4Jazz
on 4/19/12 5:53 am

You've done awesome. So thrilled for you.

Must.Have.Updated.Pix!!!!

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/12 6:03 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
WHOOOT WHOOOT!!  RIGHT ON GIRLIE!!

Butchoo KNOW we are going to say pictures or it never happened!  :}
Lynnegetsbrave
on 4/19/12 3:41 pm
 I just want to caution you to not focus too much on the scale...I realize that we set goals and want to reach them but a number is just that a number...you are wearing a size 6/8...um hello that is pretty petite...no sad faces for you...just be proud that you followed through and have come so far on your journey...I have great respect and admiration for you...you probably think I am crazy..and don't know what the heck I am talking about and I surely have not had the surgery yet...but I know that as close as you are to your goal weight...that number means nothing...I bet you look incredible....and running 3 miles straight....wow that is awesome...I am in awe of you!!  Stay healthy and let your body be your guide to where you need to be!!

Pooch2
on 4/19/12 5:29 pm
Congrads.... does  that mean its time to change your use name to something like SkinnyJeansForGood 
HW: 425    SW: 337   CW: 262 GW: 217 (surgeon)  
Pre-surgery loss; 88 lbs (mostly in my required 6 month insurance class)
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 57 views