I can feel a huge NSV within my reach. Unbelievable for me!

Brenda777
on 4/22/12 5:49 am
VSG on 03/19/12
I've been on this weight loss journey a long time. I lost and kept off 60 pounds for 6 years on my own, and could not go further due to fear of being smaller (weight was my security blanket).

Six years ago I was in Chicago on a business trip. I went into the Louis Vuitton store on the Magnificent Mile and bought a thousand dollar purse.  I said to myself and told my husband... someday when I have lost 100 pounds, I will have this purse.  The purse has sat on my dresser in its cloth bag for six years!  I have taken it out 3 times during the six years and looked at it.  I actually never thought I'd get to have it.  

I just can't believe it!  13 more pounds... and that bag will be mine!  This would not have been possible without the sleeve!  I absolutely know that.    

I have always thought it is important to recognize and celebrate weight loss with something really special.... something you would never have... and something that represents the huge accomplishment that it is.  It can be anything... whatever is special to you.  

I can't wait to get the Vuitton bag... and when I do... I will post a picture of me with my bag.

I'm wondering... how will you celebrate your -100 pounds loss?  Or, how did you?  Party?  Special clothes?  Special item?  When I get to my goal weight, it will be a Fendi bag from Italy on our next trip there.  Yeah, I'm a purse-girl... but I've never had anything like this (I'm too practical for it)! 

Right now.... this feels like a dream.   

HW: 318.6  Pre-surgery Weight: 268.6  CW: 149 Sleeve Date:  March 19, 2012
- 169.6  pounds!  Doctor established medical goal weight = 165. I lost 50 pounds before getting sleeved.  Current BMI = 27  Original starting BMI = `58.3  Tummy Tuck: 01-04-13

Wildcat-NYC
on 4/22/12 6:14 am
VSG on 08/16/12
You have way more self control than I do.  That bag would have been on my arm that day it came home!  Congrats and you will be using that purse before you know it!
Brenda777
on 4/22/12 6:47 am, edited 4/22/12 6:47 am
VSG on 03/19/12
Wildcat... LOL!  yes, I do have self-control as far as the bag goes!  

My husband told me in January, "Go ahead and have the bag.  It has been long enough, and you are working on your program."  Ha!  I told him, "No way!  That bag represents far too much to give in now."  I am so glad I kept my determination!  It will be so sweet.... the day I get it. 
hrford
on 4/22/12 6:20 am
VSG on 03/19/12
 WEll at 199 I'm taking horse back riding lessons again.  When I become overweight instead of obese, I'm getting a new haircut.  When I'm at a normal BMI (149) I haven't come up with anything yet.  When I get to goal I have a few thousand dollars set aside for a new wardrobe.  BUT I may wait on that until I get my plastics.

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

Brenda777
on 4/22/12 6:53 am
VSG on 03/19/12
hrford,

Horse back riding lessons will be a blast!  Have someone take digital video of you doing it, and post a little clip here.  That would be fun to see!

A new haircut is a perfect reward!  I need that too.  :)  

I don't know if I will ever be at normal BMI... I doubt it, bcos I am short, and have such a slow metabolism.  But, I will establish a medical goal with my doctor, and he is one to set a healthier but realistic goal.  

Getting plastics kinda scares me, but I know it will likely be necessary.  I will say... at close to 100 pounds down, I do not have any loose skin, other than in my neck area.  I think that is bcos the majority of the weight I lost very slowly on weigh****chers.    

Thanks for the note.  

HW: 318.6  Pre-surgery Weight: 268.6  CW: 149 Sleeve Date:  March 19, 2012
- 169.6  pounds!  Doctor established medical goal weight = 165. I lost 50 pounds before getting sleeved.  Current BMI = 27  Original starting BMI = `58.3  Tummy Tuck: 01-04-13

Most Active