Breakfast- what are you eating?

victoria3
on 4/23/12 2:53 am - Douglassville, PA
I'm almost 4 years out and I am looking for suggestions for breakfast.  Monday through Friday I eat breakfast at work and I need some suggestions for something that is easy to bring/make.

INgirl
on 4/23/12 2:59 am
I'm a person of routines in the morning.. I always have a protein shake, then coffee.. then an egg, HB or soft, and a piece of cheese.. that is usually it almost all the time.. sometimes I get funky and cook the two together! I might mix it up and have a Carbmaster with a couple T of chia seeds mixed in for crunch sometime though..
Elaine2
on 4/23/12 3:25 am - Atlanta, GA
I do a shake every morning for breakfast but have my "breakfast food" at lunch almost every day.

I make 6 "Egg Muffins" on Sunday for the week.

I use a 6 hole muffin tin. Spray it. In each I place a combo like---turkey sausage, chopped veggies, about 1T of shredded cheese. Then fill the tin with whisked eggs (I use eggbeaters). Bake at 400 for 20-30 mins. (I like my eggs drier rather than too moist)  Let cool and baggie up. Zap in the microwave for about 2 minutes when you need it.

Lots of combos--spinach, mushrooms and swiss is a good one; add salsa or spices to change things up.  Do the same process but line the tin with ham first for a "ham cup".  Good use for leftovers.

Usually around 150 cals, 15 protein, 2 carbs (depending on the veggies.

A go to meal for me.

favrow812
on 4/23/12 3:32 am, edited 4/23/12 3:32 am - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12
I make a batch of hard boiled eggs and baggie them up invididually, I eat 1 for breakfast every morning.

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

favrow812
on 4/23/12 3:33 am - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12
Do you mind me going off topic for a sec and asking how maintenance is going for you? What is the most difficult thing you run into? Hows your appetite?

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

victoria3
on 4/23/12 4:23 am - Douglassville, PA
Maintenance is sometimes hard for me.  During the work week I eat by the clock and usually the same (damn) things- it get's very boring and sometimes I am in a food rut!  I am trying to switch things up.  i would love to lose another 15-20 pounds.  Weekends I seem to eat less than I do during the work week, but I also let some of my "no no" food in as part of my diet- sweets, alcohol, carbs.    My appetite flucuates, somedays I can eat more and other days food grosses me out and then there are those days that my mind plays tricks on me!!!
Morgan S.
on 4/23/12 4:29 am - El Cajon, CA
VSG on 01/20/12
I usually do string cheese, or a turkey/veggie sausage pattie. Depending on which is on sale lol. I'm very routine for mornings, I hate eating breakfast.
hrford
on 4/23/12 5:29 am
VSG on 03/19/12
 I got between having an egg (Over easy) with 1 turkey link and my coffee/protein.  I have one for breakfast and the other for mid morning snack.  I just alternate in what order.

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

stepmomster
on 4/23/12 9:08 am
How do you make your coffee protein drink??

Wildoatslady
on 4/23/12 9:38 am
I take 1 scoop of protein powder & mix it with 1/4 c skim milk and pour it into my coffee, no clumping when you do it this way. No need for creamer or sweetner
StartWeight:264
Surgery date 11/23        
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views