Calling all Canadians / Tim Horton's Customrs

Freddy_Fender
on 4/24/12 1:42 pm - Elginburg, Canada
I just realized that Tim Horton's is also in the States, so this might apply to some of you guys as well.

I'm 87 days since surgery and my diet consists of

* Soup (from Tim's)
* Yogurts (those little small ones that are 35 calories
* Premiere Protein shakes from Costco
* Oatmeal

I'm still having trouble with solid food, I can eat very little and to be quite honest, I'm really in my comfort zone eating the items I have listed above.

Here's my typical day:

Wake up 8am: take my vitamins, grab a Premiere protein shake while I read my email and poke around online for an hour.

Then I'll pack my gym bag and stop by the Timmy's drive through and get a large Maple oatmeal.
Mmm, it's so good, it gives me the enrgy I need while I work out.

Next I'll hit the gym. 60 minutes on the bike + 45 minutes swimming + 7 machines of 3 sets of 10 (the machines I do every 2nd day.

Im normally there about 3 hours.

Then Ill visit Timmy's again and grab one of their soup combos.
My favorite soups are Potato Bacon and Clam Chowder.
I dont eat the bread, but I break it up and toss it out the window to the birds.

My combo comes with a bagged tea, I get sweetner and milk, and a oatmeal cookie.
Once in a while Ill eat the cookie, but motly I feed it to the birds.

Then Ill go home, do some work (I work from home) a couple hours later ill have another Premiere drink.

In the evening I might go back to Timmy;s and get another soup, or else I migh****ch some TV and eat 4 or 6 of those small yogurts.

So do any of you eat at Timmy's? I find its a life saver for me and very convenient. I really love their oatmeal and their soups are pretty darn good.

I cant always fit a whole soup into me. Today I could only eat half and put the other half in the fridge.

What other places outside of home do you get meals from that are easy to eat?

Ive had good luck with chilie from Wendys too.
Show strangers kindess....cause they may become friends    
sidneystuart
on 4/24/12 3:37 pm

i have a diabetic friend (not overweight ever) who enjoys Wendy's chili and its often when out, but i have never heard of anyone who eats at 'Horny Tim's' daily, and my mother worked for them back in the 70s! i would worry about salt content in all that processed soup.

Ashleyxx
on 4/24/12 4:20 pm - Detroit, MI
I don't eat the food there but I LOVE there iced coffee!
Jackie00
on 4/24/12 7:07 pm
I would definitely check into the calorie content of their soups, it is pretty high along with their cookies.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

ND2BTHN
on 4/24/12 8:50 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 I love going to the mall food court. We have a greek place called OPA's and you can get a single chicken or pork souvlaki skewer. It is really good and moist too. You can add a bit of sauce for lube too and it fills me up nicely.

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 53 views