One year anniversary

Jenny C.
on 4/28/12 11:20 am
 One year ago today my life changed.  I celebrated by riding with one of my three riding groups, cycling a gorgeous 50-mile route.  I feel strong and healthy.  I continue to have great restriction with my sleeve. I can eat more than several months ago but still fill up on fairly small portions. 

I have five rules that I follow religiously:

Focus on protein, getting a minimum of 70 g/day.

Drink at least 64 oz of water

Take all my supplements daily

Don't drink with meals, no carbonated beverages ever

Exercise!--strength training and tons of cardio

I have a strong nutritional focus on whole/real foods.  In addition to protein, I do focus on getting good vegetable intake.  I don't do very much artificial sweeteners, though I continue to use and love Premier Protein shakes--so that's the one place where I get that stuff.  I don't go for much in the reduced calorie foods.  I prefer to eat the full-fat calorie versions of things, and if they're not nutritionally sound, to keep them at a minimum.

My surgeon's package includes two years of nutrition and fitness visits.  I have to say that I already knew a lot about nutrition when i went into this, but it's really the fitness guy that I think solidified my success.  He gave me a strength training routine that I do at home that I could grow into and develop.  I started out doing a very easy routine of core work and lower/upper body strength, including 10 really wimpy push-ups, standing up and doing them leaning forward on a high counter.  Over the last year, I built that into two sets of 15 manly-man pushups, and bumped up the other elements in a similar way.   Again, he started me out with really really easy stuff, and I was able to maintain and build on the routine. 

Things can happen, and I pray pray pray that I get to keep on the track that I'm on.  A catastrophic life event like losing a loved one or one's livelihood seems to be a thing that can really de-rail you.  If I experience something like that, I'm going to try my best to remember that loving myself means taking care of myself, not trying to get comfort from food that is bad for me.

Here are some pics! I'm having a LOT of trouble with photos--can't sign into tinypic.com to resize, so sorry these may be giant.

Me and Dr. L, the morning after surgery:

MMarch 2012

acbbrown
on 4/28/12 11:32 am - Granada Hills, CA
 Congrats!!!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Jenny C.
on 4/29/12 12:03 am
Thank you!
cartersmommy02
on 4/28/12 11:42 am
VSG on 05/08/12
Your face is sooo skinny!!!   Wow!  Great job!!!  Thanks for the tips, as a newbie I'm taking all this info in so I too can be a success!!  

Jenny C.
on 4/29/12 12:04 am
Thanks!  I post this kind of stuff cause I was just like you...I read everything and formed my plan for success.  My plan won't work for a lot of people, but I hope it's useful to someone.  Best of luck!
Lee ~
on 4/28/12 12:39 pm - CA
 Congratulations on your ride today. What an awesome way to celebrate!  Your five rules are great reminders for everyone.  You look vibrant and happy!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Jenny C.
on 4/29/12 12:06 am
Hi Lee, I always appreciate the warmth and positivity in your posts.  And my ride was such an awesome way to celebrate that I'm heading out now with hubby to join another group ride!  Thank you for your post-you look vibrant and happy yourself!!
Lee ~
on 4/29/12 12:23 am - CA
 Life s so much better post VSG!  We are so lucky.  Enjoy that ride today.  You have truly learned to celebrate in a healthy manner!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active