-how much time?

megs617
on 5/3/12 5:39 am
I have a question for all you sleevers out there...

How long did it take after surgery to get your energy back and feeling good? I ask because I have two small children and I'm also working on my Master's degree.  I have tremendous support at home (thank GOD) but don't like to be down and out, so to speak. 

I really enjoy and appreciate reading all your posts!  You're all so supportive of one another.  Thank you!
Happy966
on 5/3/12 5:44 am

I was at 80% after 2 weeks, but not 100% for a couple of months.  Meaning, I needed more sleep than normal.  I could function at 100% for limited amounts of time.  You'll do great!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Shagdoll
on 5/3/12 5:46 am
I felt tired up to 2 weeks after surgery. Of course, I was still walking during that time but it wasnt until I felt 100% better which was about 3-4 weeks after surgery that I started walking more and more.
But it wasn't until I was over 4-5 months out that I felt my weight loss was slowing down a bit. Then I started doing various types of cardio . . . Zumba, Tae Bo, etc.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Cortnee Z.
on 5/3/12 8:23 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
I would say I am the same as the ladies above BUT I am a single mom with 1 6 year old son and I did just fine. The first week back to work I was REALLY tired (3rd week after surgery) but I made it. Just took it really easy. 

I am also working on my Master's - what school are you attending? Anyway, I actually made a decision to take a break from school until this week (4th week) and I am doing ok. I just don't want to do it - lol - but that's nothing new! But when I talked to my instructor she didn't want me to take a break, but I am really glad I did. That way I could focus on me and my success with this. But if you are in the zone, I think you will be just fine. Maybe just talk to your instructor and see if they can work with you on some assignments during the week you are in the hospital and on drugs at home :) 

Don't worry  -  I think you will be just fine, just a little more tired than usual!!

Take care :)
Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
http://mysleeveandme.blogspot.com     MFP: CortneeZ
Ms. Poker Face
on 5/3/12 9:27 am
I was super tired for 2-3 weeks post op.  I didn't feel 100% for a few months.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

megs617
on 5/3/12 11:40 am
Thank you all so much for your responses!!!  Such a huge help and definitely settled my mind a bit! 
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views