Birthday Cake - 2 down, 3 to go!

InnerMe
on 5/6/12 4:08 pm
May is a very busy birthday month for my family and friends. There are 5 birthday parties I have to go to this month including mine at the end of the month. Birthday cake was always a big thing for me, the more buttercream icing the better. I've been worried about coming face to face with this old frenemy for the first time since surgery. The first party came and I decided not to eat anything until everyone was having cake. I had a small (1 oz) slice of turkey breast rolled up with a spoonful of salsa inside. It worked perfectly, by the time I was finished eating so was everyone else. The second party was a little different, I couldn't use the same strategy. When it was time to serve the cake, I decided to help pass out plates. This was a bigger party and when the last plates had been passed I just made my way back over to the first area to recieve their cake and they were finished eating. I was surprised that the cake didn't call to me like I kind of expected. I was also happy that I was able to find ways to avoid the food pushers. I feel confident that I'll be able to avoid the next 3 birthday cakes this month. I would never have been able to do that before I got my sleeve.
 Heather

54 lbs lost pre-op, VSG 3/16/12   
jengo1971
on 5/6/12 9:42 pm
Good for you!  It's nearly impossible for me to pass up the goodies.  Good luck on your journey.

Jennifer

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
InnerMe
on 5/7/12 9:08 am
Thanks! My sleeve is still pretty new so I'm sure that helped me a lot. Good Luck to you too!
 Heather

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/12 9:45 pm - dubai, United Arab Emirates
ill be cheering you on
InnerMe
on 5/7/12 9:13 am
Thanks!
 Heather

Most Active