Ladies-- help please!

kam0520
on 5/6/12 11:06 pm - AL
I am 3 months post op, and since surgery my hormones are apparently out of control.  A little history:  I have only 1 ovary, no tubes thanks to cysts.  My periods were horrible in high school and most of my adult life I have been on Depo or Aygestin to just completely stop my periods. 

The meds I used pre-op don't seem to work anymore so my doc put me on a birthcontrol.  The first didn't work (Ortho-Cyclen) and so I'm staring my second (Desogen).  My periods are insane.  I have bled more days than not in the last month.  I am home now from work because they are so heavy I literally can not function unless I am close to a restroom.  I think I took 6 showers over the weekend.  (I'm trying not to be too graphic)  I had to file FMLA today because I have lost so much work time.  I am at my whits end.  Someone please tell me I am not alone in this after surgery.  I have spent most of the weekend just boohooing because of all of this.  My doctor is usually open to any suggestions I can bring as far as medication goes.  What has worked for you guys post-op?  Has anyone dealt with this?  I am at my whits end. 
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
hrford
on 5/6/12 11:20 pm
VSG on 03/19/12
 I unfortunately have no suggestions.  Thanks to all the hormones being released I'm back to having a normal period on Mirena, when I've had none for over 3 years!  I can't imagine how it would be if they were all screwy to begin with.  Big hugs to you and I hope you have luck figuring it out.  In time it will pass, but I know that doesn't help now.

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

kam0520
on 5/6/12 11:51 pm - AL
Mine have always been bad, but they are exceptionally bad after surgery.  The doc called and I have to go in for labs and an ultrasound tomorrow, so hoping to get some ideas/answers. 

Love your blog btw, I'm following now!
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
EliseG
on 5/7/12 12:00 am - MA
Oh Go****hink this is happening to me too I haven't had my TOM since 2009, but have had it nonstop since surgery!

TheBiscuit
on 5/7/12 1:05 am - TX
Until you can find a solution with your doctor, maybe consider using an adult diaper? I know that sounds bad but they have those new ones that are sleek and won't poof out. I see ads for 'em all the time on TV. It might give you a little peace of mind that you're not bleeding through. I'm totally self concious when I get my period, so I can only imagine how stressful it is to have a REALLY bad one.
VSG: 10-13-2011
SW: 287
CW: 178

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views