Frisco's wake up call - accountability buddy?

duckheadz
on 5/16/12 12:40 am - MN
So i have been working out like crazy but eating whatever I want. And then getting mad at the scale. Poor logic.  I hadn't been on here for a while and when I did, I saw Frisco's post about sticking to 600-800 calories and hitting goal versus eating more and not hitting goal. I'm just 15 pounds from my goal and stuck.  And it was just a great wake up call to read it and remember, hello....I have work to do.  I can't expect to skate by, I have to use my tool and stop putting "fun" food in my mouth and expect "fun" scale results.  Time to get serious. 

So I'm wondering if anyone wants to be an accountability buddy on MyFitnessPal? Or more than one person?   I really just gotta put my nose to the grindstone here, log every bite, focus on my protein and vitamins, drink my water and duh...do what I'm SUPPOSED to do.  I am sure if I do that religiously I will get there. 
Mom4Jazz
on 5/16/12 1:02 am
Have you ever tried logging your food at myfitnesspal.com? I use a smartphone app but you can also do it on a computer. A bunch of us encourage and support each other over there and I find logging has made me more accountable and in control of my behavior.

I log every bite BEFORE it goes in my mouth, rather than logging what I've just eaten. Using the app gives instant feedback on my calories, protein, carbs, etc. If you log ahead like that, it helps you change your mind about bad eating decisions!

If you decide to try it, let us know what username you use and some of us will friend you.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

duckheadz
on 5/16/12 1:09 am - MN
I do use myfitnesspal.com! :) Love it! I am 'duckheadz' on it, please do friend me!
rhearob
on 5/16/12 1:13 am - TN
 To anyone interested, I'm rhearob onmp as well.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Bonnie L.
on 5/16/12 1:30 am
 I am mosnoor and would love to have someone to hold myself accountable

Thanks
Bonnie
HW-320/ SW-306/CW-265/GW-150

Cortnee Z.
on 5/16/12 1:38 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
Hi there!! I am cortneez on there too and I would LOVE to have as many buddies on there as possible!! That site and this one have revolutionalized my life!!
Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
http://mysleeveandme.blogspot.com     MFP: CortneeZ
amandataylor0819
on 5/16/12 1:52 am
just reall started using myfitness pal in earnest this week since I have been at a stall for almost 4 weeks and WOW...love it and plan to use it from here on out....totally helping me know what I need to change to make things happen... I am amandataylor0819 on there as well...would love to have accountability buddies!

julyxo84
on 5/16/12 1:58 am - Pembroke Pines, FL
 hey there. im julyxo84 on myfitnesspal!
 [ Hi, I'm stefanie, I'm 28 years old and 5'3'' ]

Shagdoll
on 5/16/12 2:24 am
Hi, you can friend me, I'm jbanales on MFP. Anyone else, feel free to add me too!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

tripmom02
on 5/16/12 2:37 am - NJ
 I am tripmom02 over on MFP too, could not do this without my buddies! 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Most Active