Botox? Fillers? who's had them?

lanunes
on 5/23/12 2:37 pm, edited 5/23/12 2:39 pm - CA
Sooooo.....Since losing 125 lbs so far (30 more to go) I have aged so much!!!  My face has dropped, and I have the banding in my neck that makes me look 100 years old, I am 45. I always had a youthfull appearence and this freaks me out and I hate it. I was wondering others experiences and if they have had fillers to help or what have you? I am open to a face lift but can't afford one now......trust me it is soooo in my future though, even before tummy tuck ect!  Please share if you have had some work done and how much do the fillers ect help?

Thanks, Leslie
      Leslie Nunes              
Dawn Nash
on 5/23/12 3:05 pm - HI
I get botox but not fillers as the doc said that as I'm loosing weight the fillers may begin to show over time with the more weight I loose. She said I should wait on fillers to I'm very close to goal which you are so it may be good for you.
For botox, It is WONDERFUL! I get my forehead, eyes & my favorite key points - eyebrows which give your eyes a mini-eye lift. You can also do it in the cheek that will pull up the frown lines too but I haven't done that yet. I don't have heavy frown lines so I'll be adding this to help prevent in the future. I just got surgery on the 7th so I have a long time to go but doc said if I started botox before surgery (first was about a year ago) and maintain through it will help prevent some of the sagging & lines from the weight loss. They say botox last about 3 months but for me it was more like 6 months. Hope this helps! Good luck!
lanunes
on 5/23/12 3:17 pm - CA
Thanks for sharing =) I did get some botox but only on sides of eyes and forehead. They quoted me $500 for this and I only wanted at the time to spend $300 to see what it was like. I saw a bit of a difference but not huge. The forehead isn't my worst area as described as above. I do like that you mention you could have it in your cheek area. My doctor I saw didn't mention the cheek. The fillers are over $900 too.....yikes!  Thanks again for your input!
      Leslie Nunes              
Dawn Nash
on 5/23/12 3:29 pm - HI
My forehead is fine alone but the lift it gives my eyes is brilliant which is why I do it. Botox, while cheaper than fillers, will not fill in any empty areas, only smooth wrinkles and it only last 3-6 months while fillers fill in empty areas and last about a year. Plus the collagen in fillers will help you grow more collagen over time. So pricing wise you can't really compare botox & fillers as they do two different things and last for different abouts of time.  Fillers are great of lips and mouth lines that have lost their fullness. Botox is great for fine lines & wrinkles from aging & sun. The cheek area will lift with botox but won't fill the area if it needs it. Good luck!
lanunes
on 5/23/12 3:36 pm - CA
THanks for all the super helpful info !!! Just makes me wish I had more $$$ to go get it now =)
      Leslie Nunes              
julesGA
on 5/23/12 9:06 pm - Brunswick, GA
 I got Juvederm for my nasolabial folds about three weeks ago.  I am very pleased with the results!  My lines, especially on the left were pretty deep...I had some lines before but the weight loss really accentuated them. I needed one syringe and it cost $500.  Yes, very spendy but with worth it for me.  :)

lanunes
on 5/24/12 7:54 pm - CA
Thanks for the replies =) How long will that injection last for did they say?
      Leslie Nunes              
julesGA
on 5/24/12 10:32 pm - Brunswick, GA
 He told me it would last 8-12 months. 

MrsClaus09
on 5/23/12 9:46 pm
 I had filler (Restylane) in my eye troughs two months ago.  LOVE it and SO thankful that I did it.  It was a bit pricey though ($1100) but well worth it for me as I looked horrid and exhaused all the time.
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
lanunes
on 5/24/12 7:53 pm - CA
Interesting.....Did you get it in the eye troughs because of underbags? I have had all my life horrible bags under my eyes and since losing weight it looks worse. I am so interested in that if it helps...do share more please =)  Thanks for your reply!
      Leslie Nunes              
Most Active