hair loss

kam0520
on 5/25/12 1:03 pm - AL
Ok ya'll, I'm almost 4 months post op and my hair is leaving me.  I am cleaning huge wads of hair out of my brush daily, every time I wash my hair I pull some out.  My ponytail has pretty much been cut in half in size.  I'm already taking 10,000mcg of Biotin daily, and getting a minimum of 60g of protein a day, usually more than that.  What have ya'll tried and what has worked??
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
ronniesnana
on 5/25/12 1:47 pm
Did you lose 122 lbs in 4 months? they say hair loss is from rapid weight loss.
cece58
on 5/25/12 2:01 pm - CA
 Your hair is falling out because of your diet 3 months ago. When you change your diet drastically or anything to do with your metabolism, your hair is the first to go. There is nothing you can do other than try really hard to get 100 grams of protein and take your supplements. Don't wa**** every day either. My hair started to fall out in month 4 and it has taken a year until I was able to wear it down. But it is pretty nice right now and even better than before. I take Biotin, Zinc, Hair, Skin and Nails (from Costco) and Evening Primrose.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

SassyItalian
on 5/25/12 2:23 pm - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
normal. give it 2-4 more months, and it will stop. there isnt much more you can do other than getting your vitamins and protein and water.

you can lose it from the surgery alone. i am on my second round of hairloss from my plastics in november. it wasnt as heavy as my vsg hairloss, but it happened from both surgeries.

keep in mind, it does grow back and will stop eventually, and so what if you lose a little hair, you are going to be shrinking and feeling and looking awesome!

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Shagdoll
on 5/25/12 5:22 pm
Thank gawd I had a ton of hair before because my hair feels so thin in my ponytail too. I am 9 months out & the hair loss has definitely slowed down. I believe it was the worst between 3-7 months post-op. I will admit, as the scale continued to go down, I worried about my hair a little less. I'm told it will stop eventually. I'm not sure if my hair loss has stopped because I felt like I was always shedding but it's a lot better than it was a few months ago.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

USAF Wife
on 5/25/12 9:25 pm
Nothing stops the shedding. There's no amount of biotin, protein, other vitamins, snake oils, shampoos that will get it to stop. Regrowth will happen, and the biotin, protein and staying on top of your vitamins help with that aspect.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 48 views