Greek yogurt recipes?

mmplumme
on 5/25/12 8:23 am - TX
VSG on 06/11/12
I have tried eating plain greek yogurt in a few different ways but just can't stomach it. Anyone have any good ideas of things to add? I hate regular yogurt and greek yogurt has more protein, but so far I think it is nasty too, lol.

rhearob
on 5/25/12 8:25 am - TN
 I add the Mio Flavor enhancers.  Anything calorie free.  IF you want to spend some calories on flavor, then you can use any sugar free syrup, even chocolate or caramel.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

ERnurseMN
on 5/25/12 8:51 am - MN
I tried a SF Torani Raspberry syrup yesterday with a dash of Truvia and it was tolerable. Not a big fan of the plain greek yogurt but I am trying. At least I could get it down.

CW 232 SW 219    m1-17 m2-14 m3-13 m4-6 m5-9  
Shagdoll
on 5/25/12 9:09 am
I've added crystal light to my Greek yogurt & it's pretty yummy! I love lemonade & the cherry pomegranate in particular since my favorite yogurt flavors are lemon & cherry.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

cathkell
on 5/25/12 9:13 am - CO
 I have tried other brands but like fage the best.  
rhearob
on 5/25/12 1:05 pm - TN
 I eat Fage every morning too.  It has the highest protein for the fewest calories AND ttakes the flavors from my Mio easily - especially the fruit flavors.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

mscargirl
on 5/25/12 10:35 am - CA
I eat Fage almost every morning. I put a little bit of vanilla, two truvia or splenda and enough cinnamon to mask the flavor.
I hate regular yogurt too (except fruit flavored Yoplait, was like candy).
When I was a couple weeks out from surgery I didn't think the spiciness of the cinnamon was good for my new tummy so I used Ranch Dressing Dip powder... It was still sour but it ok and eat it that way for awhile. I didn't like crystal light... I found it made it even more sour. I think the vanilla helps cut the tartness. As I'm writing this I wonder if the vanilla would help with the crystal light. I might have to try it again with the vanilla.

HW 297 ConcW 277 SW 254 CW 168.8 GW 155                  

sleeve genie
on 5/25/12 11:05 am - Alhambra, CA
I tried the plain yogurt but couldn't stand the taste  YUCKY !!! When i first had surgery people suggested adding pudding but i didn't like it that way,  but l love it with  jello, whichever flavor you have makes it so yummy.   Now two years out i still  like it with jello or with fresh fruit.  Also great with ranch mix for dipping veggies    :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

moxiecowgirl
on 5/25/12 12:23 pm - Blue Springs, MO
RNY on 01/14/13
I have Fage for breakfast at work every morning.  Now, granted, I'm pre-op, so some of this might not work for you.  Feel free to take or leave it.

I have these little shakers of cinnamon/spice mixes that I found at the area grocery store.  In the cabinet right now are plain cinnamon, cinnamon maple, apple pie spice and pumpkin pie spice.  I add a little of one of those with a splash of vanilla extract and some Stevia, and mix in Flax Z Snax cinnamon granola...just a quarter cup...a little goes a REALLY long way!

I couldn't choke the stuff down plain, either.

Starting weight: 335  Surgery day weight: 304.6  Current weight: 229.6  Goal weight: 145 

happymom80
on 5/25/12 1:25 pm - MO
VSG on 03/05/12
 I buy a big jar of E.D. Smith's More Fruit preserves. There is no added sugar in it and so all the sweet comes from actual fruit. I put one tbs in a 1/4 or 1/2 cup plain yogurt. It has only 25 calories per Tbs. and 6 carbs. I can work that in and it works very nicely for me. It has some fruit chunks in it and still waaay less sugar and carbs than regular sweet yogurt. I have been eating this once a day for like two months straight...barely miss a day. Love it!

HW: 350+ (I didn't look after that)  SW: 328  

Most Active