Cruising 4 1/2 weeks after surgery.

Carlen T.
on 5/29/12 2:49 pm - Fort Wayne, IN
I had VSG last October and I'm doing GREAT! My husband just got his surgery date today for bi pass for July 16th and we are scheduled for a cruise on August 19th. The doctor said he could go on the cruise, just has to eat soft food, no alcohol, etc. I've ordered the grab and go nectar and will get the unflavored to also take. We can't reschedule as we have had this paid for for 1 year and are going with friends. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks for any input you have, we really appreciate it!

Carlen T        

comeundone
on 5/29/12 3:15 pm - OH
 I went on a cruise at almost 3 months what I did was bring the water you can bring per person( At least on Carnival) but I explained we needed more for medical reasons (my Cruise mate had a Ds) We were not questioned by anyone about the extra water but the bell people would not send it to our room.We went to our room early to drop it off.Every time a crew member said to us that the rooms are not ready yet, we just said we are just dropping off the water they said Ok. We had a choice of yogurt with breakfast eggs as well, dinner had somethings but I would suggest maybe eating a late breakfast because lunch is limited.
HW 289  SW 242

Pkrplyr777
on 5/29/12 8:57 pm - CT
I don't think having the foods you CAN eat is going to be the issue. But there are so many foods you are not supposed to eat always right in view and handy.

I would suggest avoiding the buffets and just order from menu's?

have fun!
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
Stayce
on 5/29/12 9:38 pm
VSG on 03/28/12
 We have one planned and booked for November. We've been on one before so I know what to expect with food choices. There are healthy options on all the buffets and of course there are the fresh salad bars that have fresh fruits, veggies and cheeses to choose from. Room service breakfast is good to order, they have lots of healthy options on their menu.

My family of four will definately be taking the bottled water limited per person, we're on Carnival so I know that they allow you to take water on. I will also take ocean spray and ccrystal light packets with me as well.

Dont worry you'll have a great time. 

Life is not an emergency, live one day at a time.        
Maryatt50
on 5/31/12 6:03 am
 I went on a cruise 5 months post op - no problems whatsoever.   Norweign allows you to bring water - I put some in my suit case - but I saw many people carrying on cases.  There are plenty of food choices for all.  Good Luck!  Happy Cruising. 
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 54 views